360-388-1941

Dakin

Musical instrument accessory Games

Toolbox Tool

Electronics Laptop part Technology Electronic device Screen

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Does your carrier barrel have factory threads or Briley threads? How many chokes come each Briley gauge? What are you looking for in a trade?

Thanks,
David McMillen

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
No carrier barrel I have owned had threads since they were not to be used with 12 ga. They were originally fixed choke barrels that had been back bored. That includes 2 Briley and one Kolar carrier barrel.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Somtimes the description is not what it is. Has the 12ga. barrel been lightened to be a semi-lite or an actual carrier barrel. Or, is the 12ga. barrel a standard weight barrel with the Briley tubes used as a carrier barrel. If you can show a picture of the chamber end to see if the extractors have a notch. The best way would be to weigh the 12 ga. barrel on a gram scale.

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Where do you guys come up with these crazy ideas? Maybe just maybe, the chokes go in the subgauge tubes. Wow. JW

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
No crazy ideas at all. Can't tell from pictures shown if some of those choke tubes are 12ga. If someone is going to lay down $3500, I would want to know what I'm buying. So far no response from seller.

David McMillen

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
No need to wonder about Dakin. Very stand up guy and if you've called Connie's components you've probably talked to him. JW

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's a Carrier Barrel, it doesn't shoot 12 ga shells (well, it might once)... It was purchased as a set new from Paxton Arms. It was bored by Briley to match the weight of the regular barrel when the tubes are installed. The chokes are for the sub gauge tubes. It was a 32" "sporting" barrel with 10x6 rib. Once again, the phone # 360-388-1941... David,If I was going to spend $3500, I would call.. They're around 5k from Paxton without case..
If I missed your call tonight... I was having dinner with my bride.. I'll be up for another hour, then I have to work tomorrow.. Thanks for looking. Dr K, it's a carrier barrel. It comes with 18 chokes. Really.
Dakin

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.