Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here a stock and forend I finished on my San Remo trap gun, It is a left hand new american pattern from Wenig. Tell me what you think, not as nice as the turkish I finished for Steve. thanks Ronnie

·
Registered
980 Posts
That is very nice work.. the quality of the craft exceeds the quality of the 'palette' as the wood isn't quite up to the checkering standard.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
drgondog, I agree. I only had $50 it this set when I started and thought I will use it on my own gun, if it gets dinged at a shoot I will not feels so bad. I also enjoy what I do. thanks Ronnie

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, Andy I lay my cuts for comb that fits the stock the best in looks and workmanship for the shooter, thanks Ronnie

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Is there a reason as to why you make your cut on the top of the comb, as opposed to the front, beyond the radius?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Really nice work to say the lease. I really like the blend of carving and checkering. How do you like the new american pattern for the stock? Did you have them do the inletting? I am a lefty also and make my own stocks so that they will fit me. What is the checkering LPI? The carving looks flat in plane with the stock, am I correct? How much cast on is the typical Wenig LF hand new american stock? I am considering sending a turkish walnut blank to Wenig to get the new american pattern and I am wondering how you like it. My gun will be for skeet/sporting clays and I like a little smaller stock unless it really fits me.

Any feedback will be appreciated.

Thanks, Bill

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.