Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi Folks,

I bought this about a year ago on TS from Bob Lowman as a backup, shot it for a few rounds only. Nickel looks good, normal wear, mechanically perfect K80 top cap, crisp K80 trigger conversion, pull triggers, and K80 guard upgraded in 2014 before I bought it.

$2550 shipped.

Please PM me if you have any questions.

Thanks for looking, Jim
View attachment 350466 View attachment 350467 View attachment 350468

·
Registered
27 Posts
Very nice and wondering if this will fit a 32 stock w/o modifications? Asking because of trigger guard change out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BigWilly,

Yes, K32 stock would be fine. You will need to swap the K80 guard for the rounded K32 guard, that's it. Or, cut your K32 stock for the longer K80 guard. More work...

Jim

·
Registered
27 Posts
Let me think about it? Would it be better to machine the K80 guard since it has a different finish than the 32?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
A blue trigger guard would look good on there. It would compliment the blue sliding hood.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Looks like this receiver still has Model 32 trigger with a "K80" trigger shoe conversion, but a Model 32 trigger nonetheless.

·
Premium Member
10,435 Posts
I think that is a very late model 32 triggger or a very very early K80 trigger. It isnt a briley conversion or doesnt appear to be one

Notice it doesnt look like the shoe moves

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hkg3K, I think you are right. I just put this receiver next to a K80 receiver and the actual trigger internals look a bit different, but the shoe is a K80 and so is the guard. Thanks for pointing this out, I always thought it was a K80 trigger. My bad. Still, the triggers are nice in this receiver, I couldn't feel any real difference between them and my K80.

·
Registered
39 Posts
It isnt a briley conversion or doesnt appear to be one

Notice it doesnt look like the shoe moves
I think you should take another look......at the 1st pic. I certainly couldn't say for sure who did the trigger conversion.....only the person who had the trigger work done can confirm that. What I can see is that the shoe has 2 allen screws like a Briley conversion and if you look closely, you can see both a separation line -and- where the shoe is moved ever so slightly forward relative to the trigger body at the rear of the trigger. So yes, the shoe does move.

Hkg3K, I think you are right. I just put this receiver next to a K80 receiver and the actual trigger internals look a bit different, but the shoe is a K80 and so is the guard. Thanks for pointing this out, I always thought it was a K80 trigger. My bad. Still, the triggers are nice in this receiver, I couldn't feel any real difference between them and my K80.
Jmck.....nothing wrong with a good Model 32 trigger at all! If your trigger is a Briley shoe conversion, that adds value as well IMO, just not as much as a full K80 conversion. And.....your receiver has a K80 top lever, K80 trigger guard and upgraded top latch from I see. My post wasn't intended as a disparagement, just a correction. Good luck on the sale of your very nice R/I.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No worries, I just never knew the detailed difference between a K80 and K32, and assumed the K80 shoe also meant K80 conversion. I'll drop a note to Bob, who I bought it from and I hope knows who did the coversion. I'll post any additional information I find out.

·
Premium Member
10,435 Posts
Ok I enlarged the picture and I do see the second hole now. Briley does more of those than anyone so it probably is them

Gene

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Adding some additional information regarding the trigger conversion that Bob Lowman provided me (thanks Bob!). The trigger assembly is a Phillip's Gunsmithing (contact info below) K/80 conversion. He uses a K/80 block with the K/80 trigger blade and leaves the K/32 selector button. The sear springs are still the K/32 style and it has the K/80 shoe, trigger guard, (and K/80 top cap on this receiver). So its not a complete replacement of all K/32 parts to K/80 parts, which saves some cost, but a hybrid as I understand it. The triggers are very nice when shooting this unit.

Jim

Phillips Gunsmithing
www.phillipsgunsmithing.com

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hello Will,

I spoke with a gentleman last night on this thread who has made an offer. If the deal does not go through, I'll contact you.

Best Regards,

Jim

1 - 20 of 20 Posts