Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
You do realize there are several configuratins of that caliber right? I went through this exercise a few years ago and sent dimensions from reamer manufacturers to RCBS and Forster and both told me that none of the reamer dimensions I sent them matched their K-Hornet print. I was going to have to send them 3 fired cases from my gun and they would cut me a set of dies from my spent brass. More pricey than I was willing to go for. I opted to just keep shooting my Hornet as a Hornet.

Jeff

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the input Jeff. I just got back from and old gunsmith friend of mine who has reamed many K-Hornets and he was able to order a set of dies from RCBS for me. He is going to ream my CZ-527 for me tomorrow and we should have the dies in a couple of days. The CZ clips don't feed the 22 Hornet brass well but handle the K-Hornet brass really well since it is more of a streight case. Have you tried any of the Hornady 35 grain v-max bullets in yours yet? I have used the 40 grain v-max but had to alter the clip to handle the longer bullets. They shoot very well. The only draw back concerning the dies is that they are almost double the price of standard calibers.

Del

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.