Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Vendor
19,420 Posts
I know little about fancy engraving. but the engraver mark/signature is just above my post here. On the port side at the bottom of the receiver. Who is the engraver and other things you might tell us about his bio

·
Registered
594 Posts
Krieghoff Exhibition Grade engraved custom over and under shotgun in 12 gauge fully and finely engraved and gold inlaid by Gino Cargnel for Pachmayr of Los Angeles in Western frontier scenes. The gun shows two 12 gauge barrels with 2 ¾” chamber length. This set is equipped with one 32” over and under barrel choked improved modified and full and one 34” barrel that is full choked. The gun is richly stocked in select Burl Walnut with fancy checkering and elongated pistol grip. The stock measures 14 ½” to the end of the hard rubber recoil pad with a 2” drop at the heel and 1 ¼” drop at the comb. The gun remains in fine to excellent condition showing just minor use since creation. Approximately 98% to 99% overall. The gun is finely engraved in varying scrolls with flush gold inlaid areas around the center panel scenes on each side of the frame. The left side of the frame shows cavalry soldiers in Western terrain that appears to be Monument Valley in multiple colors of gold. The right side of the frame shows soldiers firing at pursuing Indians. The bottom the frame shows a large gold inlay of a chief leading his horse in full regalia. The set is contained within a Krieghoff carrying case with aluminum exterior and plush velvet lined interior. Gino Cargnell and Pachmayr created some of the finest modern masterpieces before the closing of their L.A. store and the subsequent passing of Cargnell.

Bid well Grasshopper

Vern

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Probably will go well above my alloted maximum. What with buyer premium and sales tax running 27%. An attractive gun anyway.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
ART...In It's PUREST FORM..And it Goes Bang...Fabulous..As for Price ??? The Buyer that Ends Up with This Gun Set...Will Not Give the Buyer Premium and Tax..A Second Thought.
Shoot Well...Shoot Often with Family and or Good Friends...with Pretty Guns.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Messed up trunnion screw slots, non engraved lock screws, probably not original, pins not set correctly, poor barrel fit, see gap where receiver foreend iron meet. There otta be a law 98,99%??? I think not. Bid accordingly. That said what a beauty, Glenn
No expert, just pay attention to detail

·
Registered
366 Posts
No expert here, but I find it odd that there is no recess machined in the floor plate of the receiver for the fore end iron at full open. I'd be worried about scratching it.

I didn't know there were k80's that didn't have that little notch, even custom engraved ones have it. At first I thought it might be an engraved 32, but the selector is K80 for sure.

·
Banned
10,106 Posts
The selector could easily have been changed. I'm thinking this is really a Model 32 or a very early K-80. Serial # would help!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts