Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

K-80 ???

4K views 32 replies 9 participants last post by  oleolliedawg 
#1 ·
I have talked with two very knowledgeable persons who gave me appraisal info on K-80 combo trap mdls--Standard-'05 or newer---34" unsgl (F) fixed---32" O/U (F) and (IM) Fixed--Low rib---Mint condition with very little use--$7,500.00 to $8,000.00 or lower-I would be interested in any out there that would fit that discription--Release trigger--PM with pics please---Thanks---George

#3 ·
An appraisal is worth what you pay for it -- maybe.

If you're selling a gun and someone says it's worth "X" ask if he'd buy it for "X" -- probably not.

If someone tells you an K-80 combo is worth $7,500 to $8,000 ask him if he has one for sale at that price -- probably not.

There are a lot of "experts" out there that are like they say in Texas - "All hat and no cattle".

Everyone one's an expert when it isn't their money or gun.

#5 ·
Well the market is what you can sell the gun for.

Dealers can typically sell a gun for 25 -50 percent more than a private individual can

The problem is that the private individual that purchase from a dealer now believes that is what his gun is worth when he turns around and tries to sell it.

Regards from Iowa

Gene

#6 ·
Well it sounds like according to Jack,the low rib guns are a thing of the past.
I have a friend (AA) shooter who had a high rib K-gun,used it for 3 mos and sold it and went back to a low rib K-gun---So far I can't find any offers to my thread---Looks like those who have,want to hang on to the low rib---Just asking---George

#7 ·
Low ribbed guns are not a thing of the past but there are a lot of them out there.

High ribbed K80s may or may not make it

Both are still manufactured

Over time K80s tend to go up in value if you hang on to it long enough- now up in value is as compared to purchasing the gun used initially. If you purchased new from a dealer- you might have to wait 20 years but it might still go up in value enough to equal that or go past that amount

Regards from Iowa

Gene

#10 ·
Gene,
I beg to differ that a private seller takes a 25-50% loss over a dealer. I can tell you several guns I have bought from "dealers" such as Gander Mountain that I have turned around and sold for 25 to 50% more than I paid. One such was a BT-99 Golden Clays. Paid $1600 and sold it for $2400. That is one. With Personal sales alot of people think that because a normal guy is selling a gun they should accept a basement price well below a dealer. This is true if a guy is loosing his house or needs to food on the table. But for those of us that keep our guns in pristine condition and don't need to reduce the cost usually sell for close to dealer retail or pretty close. I know I wouldn't sell any of my guns for 50% less than a dealer would sell them for.

#19 ·
I'm sure you are right but I just don't see it in my neck of the woods and I'm in a very popular K-gun area---Guess I haven't spread out far enough---I'd like to try one though but I shoot a release and none around me---Also the one that I could have tried was owned by a AA shooter and he gave up on it in 3 months and went back to the standard---I have 3 K-gun receivers and may try to find a TS bbl and stock to dress it up---If done I'll let you know---George

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.