Trapshooters Forum banner

K-80 Pro Sporter O/U Barrel Question

1728 Views 6 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  Fisher
Does a K-80 Trap Special O/U rib fit on a K-80 Pro Sporter O/U barrel with the wheel adjustment? It kind of looks like it wouldn’t, but it’s hard to tell just by looking at pictures on the Krieghoff website. I would appreciate hearing from someone that knows for sure.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
1,234 Posts
The trap special rib has different spring in the wheel portion. I had 32” trap special ribs cut down to fit on a 30” super sport set of barrels by a machinest friend of mine. He did a fantastic job. I had 12, 28 gauge built with matching ribs, and also a 32” pro rib cut and fitted to the 12 ga set also. Krieghoff will tell you it’s not feasible.

As for a 32” on a 32” pro sporter I’m not sure.

· Registered
28 Posts
The trap special rib has different spring in the wheel portion. I had 32” trap special ribs cut down to fit on a 30” super sport set of barrels by a machinest friend of mine. He did a fantastic job. I had 12, 28 gauge built with matching ribs, and also a 32” pro rib cut and fitted to the 12 ga set also. Krieghoff will tell you it’s not feasible.

As for a 32” on a 32” pro sporter I’m not sure.

· Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes it will fit on but poi hasnt got a lot off addjustment to be lowered it it shoots to high for you
If I’m understanding correctly, the front post for the wheel adjuster is shorter on the Pro Sporter barrel. The Trap Special rib fits, but the front of the rib cannot be adjusted as far upward as on a Trap Special barrel. Correct?

I’d be looking for no less than 100% high POI. So assuming the Trap Special rib goes on the Pro Sporter barrel ok, how high will I have to raise the comb on a #6 ACS stock to see over the top of the Trap Special rib? Or is that just a bad idea to begin with?

· Registered
115 Posts
I called Krieghoff in Ottsville about two months ago and asked if I could put a Trap Special rib on my Prosporter as I wanted a taller rib. I was told that it would not fit. If I remember correctly, it was the rear mounting location that they said was different. The mount on the barrel would have to be changed. Call and ask, they are very helpful.

· Registered
627 Posts
A #6 ACS stock would have to go up a long ways to work with a TS rib. On My Wife’s gun it takes 3/8” of shim for the comb to get a very moderate increase in POI from what most people would call a flat/neutral POI on an adjustable rib that comes on the ACS, Pro Sport, Or Pro Skeet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.