Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering how many do or don't "LOCK THE SAFETY IN THE ‘OFF’ POSITION"

Got mine back from an annual service and the safety now is set back to active, and it was locked, is this Krieghoff policy

I locked it out last year, because during a shoot it started raining and while wiping it down between shots, I unknowingly move the button to safe, and it got me a failure to fire, well deserved, and the guys on line thought I flinched

Regards

Bill Cameron

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Many, I'm tempted to say most gunsmiths and factory repairs always return the gun to safety able before cutting it loose for liability issues.....breakemall

·
Registered
642 Posts
While at Ottsville for service I left a note inside the case saying what I wanted done and told them to keep it locked in the off position. When I got it back everything I asked for was done ( triggers set and release ) as well as annual service and it was still locked off when it was returned. No issues.

crab

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
A wad of electrical tape wrapped around and under mine on a DT10 has fixed this problem! Plus, it really looks pretty! People accused me of being Kay! Much trimmer than him though! Tom Rhoads

·
Registered
440 Posts
Funny I took mine to ottsville the other week to have some barrels fitted and when I got mine back it was turned from off to on.

·
Registered
598 Posts
The K-80 safety moves a very short distance from off to on and vice-versa. In spite of the button, it seems to be easily movable, even when unintended. So, as a trapshooter, I have locked mine "off".

bluedsteel

·
Registered
73 Posts
I had mine totally rebuilt in Ottsville, cost me $1600.00 for new cocking levers, new ejectors, they welded new ears on the barrels, so the barrels had to reblued etc... and the gun came back with the safety still locked in the off position.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.