Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a new K-80 and have a question about the fore arm fit. When closed, the forearm is tight with no movement in anyway. However when the gun is open, there is a very slight movement in the forearm. If I grab the barrels and forearm and squeeze, it's noticeable. Again, this is only when the gun is open, and it is very slight. Thoughts? Is this ok since everything is tight with no movement when it is closed? Gun is brand new, if that helps.

·
Registered
137 Posts
On my k80 trap special there are two hex/torque screws inside the forearm. The size is t20 I believe, mine shoot loose all the time especially the one closest to the muzzle. You might want to check yours. Don't know if this is the problem but it may help down the road.

·
Premium Member
12,482 Posts
On my k80 trap special there are two hex/torque screws inside the forearm. The size is t20 I believe, mine shoot loose all the time especially the one closest to the muzzle. You might want to check yours. Don't know if this is the problem but it may help down the road.
I had the same problem. I keep a t20? wrench in my Krieghoff case. Bulge.

·
Premium Member
2,272 Posts
When I got my K80 TS, the forend screws were constantly coming loose. Took it to Krieghoff at the Grand and found out that there are supposed to be lock washers (star-type I think). They were missing! Since the lock washers have been installed, no loosening at all. BTW the T20 is correct.

Scott Hanes

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Have owned many, many K-guns. I'm a blue Locktite man, myself. A tiny dab will do it.
I also have some with lock washers and, as others have posted, they don't come loose.
M.D.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts