Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a K-80 Trap Special, on the right side of the stock's comb there are two countersunk 2mm allen screws that tighten to hold the comb in place. I tighten them but not overly so however I can't get the front one to loosen. I've tried turning the allen wrench so hard that it twisted the shaft of the allen wrench. I've tried penetrating oil (WD-40 and another one I can't remember). I've tried tightening the screw before I try to untighten the screw. I've tried chilling the post with a spray can of compressed air turned upside down in an effort to contract it as much as possible. I've tried tapping the top of the allen wrench while I hold pressure on it. Nothing has worked so far. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Walt

·
Supporting Vendor
10,237 Posts
2.5mm. Anyway, get a 2.5mm 90 degree hex wrench and you’ll get a bit more leverage. Let er rip and if it strips, you going to need to drill and tap.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
2.5mm. Anyway, get a 2.5mm 90 degree hex wrench and you’ll get a bit more leverage. Let er rip and if it strips, you going to need to drill and tap.
Thanks! You’re correct, 2.5 and that did the trick.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts