Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took all of ten minutes to read the articles that were of interest to me. I will not be renewing for next year.

Too bad, it uesd to be a good read.

Thanks for allowing me to vent.

Dr. Honk

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
Dr. Honk--Try the new Trap Shooting USA magazine. It isn't monthly but it is very nicely done and alot of good articles instead of just Shoot scores and winners. You can even browse the articles on their website for free.

Matt

·
Premium Member
1,565 Posts
Trapshooting USA is a great read. Good informative and interesting ariticles.
Trap&field has gone down hill. Good if you want to see what happened in the past.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Appears to be a great magazine!

I viewed some of it online just now and I really liked what I saw.

I saved the url to my favorites and when I have more time I will look at it closer.

Allen

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
The only thing that I find of any value in the magazine is the upcoming shoot dates. I find the Kiner and Hoppe articles are re-hashed from previous ones, but the writer's are knowledgeable. All the rest of the articles to me are of no value.

·
Registered
796 Posts
I have subscribed to TRAP&FIELD for fourty years and im happy,I have spoken to Terri Heeg at shoots and she was very personable and helfull with my questions.I enjoyeet!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Sandy Holehouse.

·
Super Moderator
5,229 Posts
Terry's last name is Heeg. And, yes, she is very nice.

I've enjoyed working with Terry, and Sandy (Tidwell), and Elissa (Cronk). They are all very devoted to their jobs and enjoy helping trapshooters with any information they need about the sport.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Well , the original post was about the quality of magazine and not how warm/approachable are the people behind it.

I am a new ATA member myself and do agree that the magazine does not have any content in it. It is more of shoot/results reporting digest.

~JB

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
It's a shooter's magazine. If you don't compete or you don't care about your friends that do then maybe Better Homes and Garden would be a better choice.

Don

·
Registered
4,946 Posts
I have to agree with the fact that T&F is getting to be a poor mag. I have noticed how thin it has gottn. It taked me about 5 or so min to go through it. The sad part is when the clubs send in their ATA score it taked them 3 to 4 months to list them in the mag. But yet The Grand, Southern Grand and so on are either in the next mag or the one after.

As always I see Bigdon the Moron is at his finest.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Lets not make any assumptions about folks not being competitive or not caring about our friends.

Lets be objective in our posts here, rather leting our emotions rule the keyboard. The T&F team is group of professionals producing an end project. What I and the rest of the folks here are trying to say is that the end quality of their product is not upto the mark with some of the other competing magazines. Lets keep the price point argument out for now.

Thanks,
JB

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I use to take shotgunsports magazine , I always liked the ALOOF guys , I think a lot of us older shooters can picture ourselves in some of those settings and drinking the strong aloof coffee..

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
Buck you just have consider the source. You have an adult body with the brain of 10 yr old and a key board trying to impress somebody. Don't tell him as he thinks he is being clever. If you read what he wrote and how he wrote it you can understand the 10 yr old thing.

Have a good day and enjoy it to the fullest.

Don

·
Registered
11,024 Posts
Trapshooting USA has a lot of good info. Its web site, where you can read past issues is also very good. HMB

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.