Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had 12 noon appointment with the Dish Network installer today.

No show.

No call from them.

When I finally called them at 4 pm I got a "sorry we got busy".

I was in the field service industry for 25 years and always kept the customer informed.

Thanks for the soapbox!

Joe

·
Premium Member
2,001 Posts
I am surprised to hear this. I've had Dish for over a year now and I replaced my crappy cable TV with it. The folks at Dish were extremely helpful, very prompt and stayed and showed me everything I needed to know to run the system. They have the hopper which records 6 shows at once, has the largest hard drive available and also they joey's for bedrooms and patios that operates just like the hopper only smaller. I just love the company and the service I've gotten. Plus their reception is incredible. I've not had one interruption in service with Dish, where my cable would go out at least once a month. Give them a second chance. You'll like it. And they are way cheaper than the other guys.

Kevin

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
Sounds like you dealt with some dud local installer. When I called Dish last year to upgrade, I called their Regional Office for my area which is St.Louis. They came the next day and upgraded everything for free. The local installer in my town wanted some crazy price to do the same thing. I've had Dish for 11 years.

·
Banned
8,351 Posts
Dish uses some outside contrators for some installs, call Dish Direct and tell them what happened ... They will get you taken care of Pronto ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

·
Registered
683 Posts
Seems to be the norm in every business now days. Companys complain they have no or little business yet service is very poor. I called 4 companys for a driveway est. this year and got no one.
You call someone and they don't get back to you. No responsibility.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Years ago I had basic cable and wanted to get HBO. At the time that required a service call. When I made the appointment I told them I had to leave for work at 3;00pm. Service man was a no show.

Called for a second appointment. Same thing happened. After the second no show I wrote them a certified letter stating that if they didn't contact me within a week after receiving the letter I would go down in the basement with a knife and cut out all their wire and throw it in the drive for them to pick up.

A week later I had heard nothing so I cut the wire and threw in in the driveway. A couple of days later I get a phone call saying they are sorry and if I will sign back up for cable I can have one month free HBO. I told them no thanks and until I move I'll use an antenna.

Bud

1 - 8 of 8 Posts