Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had my KX-6 serviced by DuPont Krieghoff in Vero Beach.
The entire gun was disassembled and Sam, the technician, took
two full hours to go over every part and replaced springs and firing
pin. He also lightly greased the RAD 2 reducer, tightened the forearm,
and put a new Viz bar on the end of my barrel. The entire gun was cleaned
inside and out and lubed. A shout goes out to: Leslie, Sam and Alley.
The service charge was $261 dollars. Sam recommends the gun be serviced
approximately every 15,000 rounds.

·
Registered
BT-99 34", Browning Hi Post O/U 32", KX6S, CXS
55 Posts
Received my KX6S Monday put a flat through it yesterday. Very easy to set up for me. Tim Ward was great setting me up on the phone.

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
I
Recently purchased a well used k32 combo and planned to send to Krieghoff for an annual service until I saw your post. Interested in what was your determining factors to select DuPont for your service. I am New to forum and specifically to Krieghoff shotguns. Appreciate your input.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
dupont Krieghoff provides superb service. Case in point. Selected a graded M32 receiver, chose a barrel and stock set. Receiver was completely stripped, parts replaced, K-80 trigger and trigger guard installed. Tim fit barrel and stock set as well as re-blued top lever. All done in-house for no additional charge and completed before USPS delivered the check.

·
Registered
12,594 Posts
Well, While I do not know all the particulars. Tim Ward was servicing all of Duponts shotguns while working in his shop in Jacksonville, with his daughter. As work picked up Hal's Duponts daughter (Kimble) hired both Tim Ward and his wife to work full time at Dupont in Vero Beach. Tim left his shop in Jacksonville to his daughter (Kelsey) to work. Fast forward about 2 years or so. Kimble needed to hire another gunsmith to keep up with the demand. They had lots of shotguns being sent to the store for Annuals, and any other service that was needed. Needless to say, Both gunsmiths stay very busy now. I can't speak about what happens at Krieghoff International. As I have never been their. All of Krieghoffs gunsmiths undertake lots of extensive training. I would expect all are very good. Dupont has been the #1 dealer for Krieghoff shotguns off and on for a very long time. I hear that Pacific Sporting took the #1 spot this year though. I'm sure this will make Kimble work all the harder this year to get it back!!! Just remember that Hal Dupont was the only importer of the very shotgun you want to have worked on. Hal was the only importer for the Krieghoff's M-32's before Krieghoff International opened its doors. The did so with the introduction of the K-80!!! Just some food for thought. break em all jeff

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
dupont Krieghoff provides superb service. Case in point. Selected a graded M32 receiver, chose a barrel and stock set. Receiver was completely stripped, parts replaced, K-80 trigger and trigger guard installed. Tim fit barrel and stock set as well as re-blued top lever. All done in-house for no additional charge and completed before USPS delivered the check.
thank you for your input and sharing your experience. I will call them tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Well, While I do not know all the particulars. Tim Ward was servicing all of Duponts shotguns while working in his shop in Jacksonville, with his daughter. As work picked up Hal's Duponts daughter (Kimble) hired both Tim Ward and his wife to work full time at Dupont in Vero Beach. Tim left his shop in Jacksonville to his daughter (Kelsey) to work. Fast forward about 2 years or so. Kimble needed to hire another gunsmith to keep up with the demand. They had lots of shotguns being sent to the store for Annuals, and any other service that was needed. Needless to say, Both gunsmiths stay very busy now. I can't speak about what happens at Krieghoff International. As I have never been their. All of Krieghoffs gunsmiths undertake lots of extensive training. I would expect all are very good. Dupont has been the #1 dealer for Krieghoff shotguns off and on for a very long time. I hear that Pacific Sporting took the #1 spot this year though. I'm sure this will make Kimble work all the harder this year to get it back!!! Just remember that Hal Dupont was the only importer of the very shotgun you want to have worked on. Hal was the only importer for the Krieghoff's M-32's before Krieghoff International opened its doors. The did so with the introduction of the K-80!!! Just some food for thought. break em all jeff
You raise some excellent points. I am very familiar with DuPont. Thank you very much for taking the time to share. All of the numbers match on barrels receiver stock and forearm (4234), not sure that makes a difference in value but felt didn’t want to modify and add a sporting stock that fits me. Their pricing seems to be a better value than what KI has for stock sets. Based on your comments I will call them tomorrow to ship gun in for annual and follow their suggestions. Thanks again.

·
Registered
12,594 Posts
Du Pont NOW buys its guns from K International.
That is correct. My statement was that Hal Dupont imported all the M-32 shotguns into the US. They were the lone importer for the Krieghoff M-32 at the time. In 1980, when Krieghoff came out with the K-80, Krieghoff bought a building in the US, and became the only importer. If your wanted to sell Krieghoff shotguns? you had to become a dealer for Krieghoff. None of the dealers were importers, when the K-80 came out. break em all Jeff

·
Registered
390 Posts
It’s Kemble, not Kimble.

You can’t go wrong with KI or their dealers. I guess I lean more towards dealers when I have a choice. Kemble and crew have always been great to me and my largest purchase from them has just been K-80 service. Tim has so much knowledge.

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
It’s Kemble, not Kimble.

You can’t go wrong with KI or their dealers. I guess I lean more towards dealers when I have a choice. Kemble and crew have always been great to me and my largest purchase from them has just been K-80 service. Tim has so much knowledge.
Thanks for sharing! I called them yesterday.very helpful. Due to the big shoots in OH and IL coming up they will not be able to look at it until mid august. not sure I can wait that long.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts