Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently, I purchased a Tikka T3X and afterward, much to my dismay, found out that Tikka and its parent company, Sako, now are under the umbrella of Beretta, who handles the customer service for Tikka. I’ve dealt with Beretta customer service a few times in the past and never enjoyed any of those experiences!

Long story short: I needed to replace a threaded insert that was not shown on the parts list. I called customer support seeking the specifications for the part and never got a response, Finally , I emailed and got an immediate response saying that I will get a response to my question within 48 hours. One month later, I finally get an email wanting the serial number of my gun along with a questionnaire to rate their customer service.

They need a serial number ... just to give me the specifications for a simple fastener ... and it took them 1 month to let me know that they wanted a serial number???

I did fill out their questionnaire.

Reactions: jeff348

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Doc, that was great.

·
Premium Member
Brownings
753 Posts
Doc, I don't dose off at all, but I do tend to take mid-afternoon naps.

·
Premium Member
13,019 Posts
Not my experience with them at all.

First, I took my DT-10 in to Accokeek, MD for service - didn't really need anything but a buddy had two guns that needed service so I took mine along for the ride. I had spare main springs for it that I gave them when I dropped it off - I also had a fresh block of Parmesan cheese I had just brought back from Italy (it was much appreciated by the service rep - who gave us a tour of the facility).

Two weeks later my gun was back - all springs replaced, new firing pins and my main springs installed - cost was $0.00, to include free shipping.

Second was a sake TRG-22 that I bought used that had an odd mount on the front - which I didn't want, so the seller removed it - what neither of us realized is that the bolts holding it on were meant to stay with the gun, not the mount... and these held the catch plate for the factory bipod in place (if this plate is lost you are screwed because it is not offered as a part for the gun). A call to the service department - spoke with a rep, who was not a Sako guy, but he assured me the Sako rep would call me the next day.

Got the call, the guy was professional and knowledgeable and talked me through whether the mounting plate was still with the rifle (thank God it was). Once we were certain it was he gave me the specs for the nut/bolt needed and I sourced it locally.

I couldn't be happier.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I recently was in the market for a new shotgun and it came down to a perazzi or a kolar. Having experienced the customer service from Ducati and Ferrari with respect to parts/service, I was hesitant to buy another Italian product. My suspicions were confirmed when after speaking with some of the perazzi owners, the majority of them informed me they go to aftermarket for service/parts.

The Italians build a beautiful product but their customer service simply isn’t there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts