Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spent about as much as I would have at the Grand. Didn't win HOA or HAA but did get a new tatoo! Attendance????? They estimate 800,000

·
Registered
650 Posts
Did they have a shootoff at Sturgis for 100K? Are they going to have 300K you could get a peice of next year?.............hmmmmmmmmmmm what does Sturgis have over the Grand? You can ride your Harley to the Grand...........

I vote Grand for you next year.

Lyle

·
Banned
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sturgis- When real hot you can have a beer (or a few)
Grand - Drink plenty of water if you're still shooting

Sturgis - Although you spend a lot of money, it's generally for beer, tatoos, Harley parts or tucking a few dollar bills into the bottoms of lovely sparsely dressed young ladies.
Grand- Lot's a money for shells, entry fees, options and yes the $100k shoot off.

Sturgis - No time table, no schedule, no calendar, ZZ Top, Motely Crue, Kid Rock
Grand- Schedules, events 1-16, shoot offs, tv monitors

Sturgis - Pictures, lots of stories, beautiful scenery, new friends and sunburn
Grand - Flatland cornfields, no shade, hotter than hell, big sunburn, no winnings

blade819
blade819_2008_03032.jpg

·
Banned
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The Angels have their own little house right off Main Street. They also set up a shop where they sell T shirts. Didn't see more than 6 or 7. Several Monguls, Sons of Silence from here in Colorado. A lot of law so everyone stays low I guess. This was the most bikes that I have EVER seen in one place! They predicted 600 thousand but estimated 800 thousand. Had a blast!

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
3 riders from s e iowa & 1 from omaha were coming home from sturgis last monday . going thru a construction zone near the little souix exit on I-29 between souix city & council bluffs they were all killed by a northbound drunk driver. eye witnesses said the riders stood no chance. the northbound pickup swerved into the southbound lanes so quickly no chance for reaction. all were in there 50,s but one who was in very early 60,s the 21 year old driver from neb had been called in 9 minutes before the accident for erratic driving but the police had not got to him yet. police reports said 1 rider was wearing a helmet but that helmets could not have saved the lives of these 4 men in this horrible accident. 3 were dead at the scene & 1 died in an omaha hospital...i would expect the young man to be charged with 4 counts of vehicular homicide as soon as lab results are completed.dwain

·
Banned
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That's very sad. I'm always watchful for car drivers. Bruce Rossmeyer who owned the US's largest Harley dealership in Florida was killed on I-90 last year on the way to Sturgis. When I'm on a bike, generally car drivers scare the hell out of me. When they are drunk, I could be in a tank and still will get scared.

blade819

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.