Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most of you make me proud to be a part of what goes on here. I think we'd all agree that if we were 'the norm' this country would be a lot better off. JIm Price

·
Registered
3,621 Posts
Since you are talking about "good guys" I have to share this. I was flying home from Nashville to St. Louis about a week ago. Standing in line to board along with about 100 other travelers. Off to the side stood a group of about a dozen army soldiers. Boarding began with one older lady in a wheelchair, then the announcement came for the "business class" to begin boarding. NO ONE MOVED, in unison, I heard a cry from the boarding crowd saying, "let our soldiers on first!" The men/women in uniform were surprised and slightly embarrassed, but went ahead of the rest (with Southwest, it's first on, first pick of seats). It turns out they were on their way home from Iraq. As we landed in St. Louis, an announcement came over the speaker, welcoming them back and a big thank you for their service, a huge round of applause came from the passengers. On the way out, many "pats on the back" were seen and many words of thanks were heard. Made me proud....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.