Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Vendor
19,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Showing a TS.Com guy the problem with old P cases and newer P stocks. But added in a couple of artifacts for viewing. Here is the gun in case shoeing that the late model buttstock is too big for the case without collapsing the adjustments.
mia_2008_0303314.jpg

And on the left is a C.L.Allen decoy from the late 60's or so. He was a Delaware River carver. Behind that is a Salesmans sample of AA ammo. I tried to sell it here about a year or two ago, but the know-everything guys ate me up.

And this one on the left is a few of my odd decorative calls and a Haertel shorebird. This little bird's value is north of 2 grand.

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
and what's the gun, partially hidden by the fireplace facad? Funny looking forend wood.

Ed Yanchok

We also have a couple of haertel's birds at our house.

·
Vendor
19,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow Ed. I have about 6 and feel very fortunate. They continue to escalate in value regardless of the recession.

That is a sporting 303. F/S at $550. NIce gun for the AIM and SCTP programs as a beginning gun. I have about 6 or 7 of these beginner guns going up for sale next week.

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
Jack--Can you elaborate on the Old case/stock issue?? I have the same type case for my Beretta 682 and have been thinking of getting a different one. Do they in some way cause damage??

Matt

·
Vendor
19,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Matt. stocks keep gtting biggere. and the buttstock cavity is smaller. Perazzi especially.

beretta to a lesser degree.

so these older cases are designed for the original stocks AND not designed for
contraptions or fo rguys that want to move the butt pad down. It just pays to keep this in mind when you feel you need a new case. If I get some time, I'll take some pics of my cases wiht guns andthat should add some tech data to the deal.

J

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
MIA--I appreciate the reply and understand what your saying. I have one of those said contraptions on my gun and was my reason for searching for a new case. Now my gun fits its current case ok but i worry about the level of protection it offers.

Matt

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.