Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am asking any trap shooting and not trap shooting to support a group of members to represent our part of the club. We can make a difference for all club members.
Our last tournaments were doomed to failure because we were not organized. We left it up to Jeff. I purchased equipment to help with the calling speakers. Enough for 3 fields. We did not get to use them. Edwards shooting program was shut down I bought from Bruce almost new complete set up for 1 field.

If you can help or attend the meeting it would be a lot of help.
I am also looking for members that can help me with this
Endeavor of bringing attention to our needs.
I would like to have a meeting with people to assist me and join me in this task . I have a lot to learn.
I would love to get together with supporters and those that can take on this responsibility with me. Contact me so we can get together. Even if it is an online meeting. Spent the last couple of months doing them for my classroom.
Contact me by email
[email protected]
661 706-7897
Or message me here
I will be in Kingsburg for the Zone shoot @7-19 and Santa Maria 25-26

Thanks in advance
Steve
IMG_2252.jpg
IMG_2251.jpg
IMG_2253.jpg
IMG_2256.jpg
IMG_2254.jpg

·
Premium Member
6,803 Posts
Your a good man Steve, All that equipment cost you a lot of cash. And you said the club never used it. Im sure a lot of clubs would love to have you as a member. Hope you can get shooters to the club meeting. Dave

·
Premium Member
4,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Your a good man Steve, All that equipment cost you a lot of cash. And you said the club never used it. Im sure a lot of clubs would love to have you as a member. Hope you can get shooters to the club meeting. Dave
Well thanks. Steve
We used weed eater to clean up the clays for oh reopening. I care about the whole club. State Skeet championship is coming up I think Sept. I will help if needed the same for clays. I like going to other clubs but it would be nice to have more than one field open so more people can shoot. With all the fields and the information that power is out to some traps it would be nice to not have to wait over an hour to shoot.
I offered to Jeff to help pay to have them repaired. He said the board was talking care of it.
If true as a group we could assist. If it is money I will raise it.
retired now have a lot of confidence in my skills to repair things. I am also not afraid to ask others for help

thanks
Steve

·
Premium Member
507 Posts
Steve, definitely take trucker52 up on his offer. He worked very hard getting the then new Bakersfield club up and running. Good guy, good shooter and hard worker.

·
Premium Member
19,402 Posts
Good Job Steve. EVERY gun club needs people like you.

Reactions: Steve12

·
Premium Member
4,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Steve12, you wrote that you have a lot to learn. You maybe learning that posting a rant about your gun club and it's employee's on a open forum is not the best way to get things done.
I am certain that I could do worse. No one was listening before. And then the virus. I started shooting at the old club. In the 70's. There are still major squabble going on. But I am not part of them.
After watching all the protesters I am a pure amature . If I am lucky they may name an outhouse after me.

Thanks for your concern
Steve

·
Premium Member
4,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I would just like to see Trap shooters have a say in the club. Nothing big. Baby steps and help the club by being a participant. I want the club to grow in all ways. Trap has changed and so has shooting sports in California.
I am not asking for money . Just a voice.
I want to meet with members anywhere not just the board meeting. There are a lot of Trap shooters from Kern country. The old bad blood is the past let's move on.
Steve

·
Premium Member
4,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am trying to find out if members are allowed in for the board meeting. The virus maybe a problem. I saved the email but it doesn't function now.
Does anyone have an answer?
Steve

·
Premium Member
4,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Meeting is at the club house at 6. I am just trying to get trap shooters a voice in the club again.

Steve

·
Premium Member
4,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Talking to the girls at the club house the other day.
Dean is still in bad shape. Say a prayer for him.
Known Dean most of my life.
Steve

·
Premium Member
19,402 Posts
Steve's Privy ? Steve's Latrine? Steve's $Hitter? Na, no ring to it!

Reactions: Steve12

·
Premium Member
4,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I had a good meeting with the KCGC board. They were a lot of help.
Mark was there helping . Thanks.
I need 3-5 other members to help for a commitment to organize and plan for tournament and hopefully volunteer time .
I also need to show numbers of Trap shooter using the trap fields to show we actually have members. There will be a second field opened up for shooters.
Starting next weekend if anyone want to come out and shoot with me I will be there at 9am
Steve

·
Premium Member
4,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Steve12, you wrote that you have a lot to learn. You maybe learning that posting a rant about your gun club and it's employee's on a open forum is not the best way to get things done.
Bob meeting went well. Listen to other members who offered a lot of support. They were having the same problems I was having. Equipment not working or fields closed. Lots of miss communication.
Come out Saturday or Sunday morning around 9 am August weekend and I will shoot a couple rounds with you
Steve

·
Registered
60 Posts
This is sad. I remember when i was a young buck in the 80's Bakersfield was a great place to go for the shoots. I've heard that the range was moved to a newer location.
Hope you guys can get it back to what it was back then.

·
Premium Member
4,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
T
This is sad. I remember when i was a young buck in the 80's Bakersfield was a great place to go for the shoots. I've heard that the range was moved to a newer location.
Hope you guys can get it back to what it was back then.
The club is next to Buena Vista lake
Right now Mark and I are working on it
He was dumping trash cans on picking up trash around the trap fields
Proud of him
I am in Santa Maria for a tournament this weekend
I hope to get Kern Country trap shooter visible
Lots of people don’t go that far down the road to see us
Lots to work on
Steve

1 - 20 of 20 Posts