·
Registered
9,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Lancaster mugshots
Lancaster Bureau of Police
Katherine Rodriguez15 Sep 20201,916

3:45

A Pennsylvania judge set the bail at $1 million each for several protesters who were allegedly rioting in the wake of the police shooting of a knife-wielding man from Lancaster.
Lancaster Police arrested 12 adults and one juvenile for staging the alleged riots around 3 a.m. Monday. The clashes between police and protesters ultimately caused the police to disperse tear gas to control the crowd.
The overnight violence in the city came after the death of 27-year-old Ricardo Munoz, a man who allegedly charged a police officer with a knife in his hand, according to police body camera footage.
The officer fatally shot Munoz outside his mother’s house Sunday afternoon in downtown Lancaster.
The angry mob of protesters marched from where the shooting took place to the police station, hurling glass bottles, gallon jugs filled with liquid, bricks, and plastic road barricades, police said.
A county vehicle parked in front of the police station also suffered some damage.
Twelve adults — Talia Gessner, 18; Taylor Enterline, 20; Kathryn Patterson, 20; Yoshua Dwayne Montague, 23; Jamal Shariff Newman, 24; T-Jay Fry, 28; Dylan Davis, 28; Lee Alexander Wise, 29; Barry Jones, 30; Matthew Modderman, 31; Jessica Marie Lopez, 32; and Frank Gaston, 43 — face multiple felony and misdemeanor rioting charges, including arson, riot, criminal conspiracy, and institutional vandalism.
A 16-year-old boy also faces rioting charges and other charges including disorderly conduct, marijuana possession, possession of instruments of crime, propulsion of missiles onto a roadway, and institutional vandalism.
Montague was also charged with illegal possession of a firearm.
Magisterial District Judge Bruce A. Roth set bail for nine of the defendants at $1 million each, with court records showing that all were unable to post bond.
All are being held at the Lancaster County Prison.
Bail information could not be obtained for Lopez, and Wise had his bail set at $100,000. He was also unable to post his bail.
Police said Gaston was on probation at the time of his arrest and a detainer would be lodged against him.
The $1 million bail amount quickly gained a lot of criticism from a local advocacy group “Lancaster Stands Up,” who claimed Patterson and Enterline were working as medics at the protest when police arrested them.
The absurdly high bail amounts indicate that what we're seeing is not a measured pursuit of justice, but a politically motivated attack on the movement for police reform and accountability.
— Lancaster Stands Up (@lancstandsup) September 15, 2020
“The absurdly high bail amounts indicate that what we’re seeing is not a measured pursuit of justice, but a politically motivated attack on the movement for police reform and accountability,” the group tweeted.
The bail amount also came under fire from Lt. Gov. John Fetterman, who called it “blatantly unconstitutional.”
“It’s self-evidently unconstitutional,” Fetterman told Lancaster Online. “Whatever the merit of the underlying charges, what is absolutely indefensible is a million dollar bail for those charges.”
The officer involved in the shooting was responding to a 911 call placed by Munoz’s mother, who said that her son was getting “aggressive” and attempted to break into her home.
His family has said he has a history of schizophrenia and bipolar disorder and was not taking his medication at the time.
Munoz was scheduled to go on trial for allegedly slashing four people in a knife attack in 2019.

Not going anywhere for a while?

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
I believe Judge Roth knows EXACTLY what he is doing by setting a million dollar bail on these animals. I believe he knows it will be challenged and very likely reduced on challenge. FINE, but by setting the initial bail this high he GUARANTEES the story gets the coverage it deserves. He guarantees that more Americans will see what's going on. If he had set a "modest" bail...the story would have already faded from the news cycle, until the next time law enforcement is FORCED to defend themselves from attack by a wild animal and uber-left America-hating Biden voters decide to riot.
A hearty THANK YOU to Judge Roth.

·
Registered
756 Posts
I’d love to know what these people suggest the police do in that situation. One of the rioters was armed. What would be his reaction to someone charging him with a knife? I doubt he was carrying it for squirrel season. And, Lt Gov. Fettermen will seek re-election at some point, hopefully the great people of Pennsylvania do not let that happen. This is the kind of politician that love to see this type of behavior because it gives him an opportunity jump on the left’s bandwagon. Nothing but a coat tail rider that will pander to who ever pays the highest amount. I commend this judge for doing the right thing and setting the example that if you pull this sh!t in the wrong town you just may have to face actual punishment. PS, are these people actually from Lancaster? I’m willing to bet they’re not. This could also have something to do with the high bail amounts.

·
Premium Member
11,949 Posts
These people wont take any crap.

When this whole thing started BLM/ANTIFA protested in a town a bit west of Lancaster. Lots of arrests.

The police/judicial system had a simple solution.

- if the person was 'local' they were given a disturbing the peace or public rioting charge, along with a $1,000 fine, which was deferred. If they kept their noses clean for one year the whole thing was dropped.

- if the person was from outside the area, they were offered the same deal, but they had to pay the $1,000 up front in order to be released.

Once the word of this got onto the street all the 'peaceful protesting' (i.e., Burning/Looting/Murder) dried up.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Hmmm, "a politically motivated attack" they say. How does it feel to finally have fire met with fire. Gee the spoiled little bastards are being punished for once in their worthless lives and can't take it.

·
Premium Member
11,949 Posts
And now our @$$-hat Lt. Governor wants the bail lowered for these poor, misunderstood children...

If you do not know the PA LT Gov, (John Fetterman) take some time and look him up - a real piece of work...

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
The officer fatally shot Munoz outside his mother’s house Sunday afternoon in downtown Lancaster.
There! There is the proof that people who live in their parents basements are batshiz crazy.

Sleepy Joe's crew will be there soon to bail them out.

·
Registered
3,565 Posts
Remember it was only a year or so that this same Lt Liberal Governor was touring PA “keeping in touch” to “check people’s feelings” about legalizing marijuana. The tour was about as balanced as the main stream media coverage of Trump. He wanted MJ for tax money and had no idea of how to handle the black market that would follow. Now wolf wants it legal for the same reason. No plan about how to handle DUI on MJ either.

Wolf also acted like five year old spoiled brat who doesn’t get his way when the federal court ruled Wolf’s Covid edicts were/are unconditional..

·
Registered
9,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sleepy Joe's crew will be there soon to bail them out.
Maybe not, at a million bucks a pop the folks who are putting up the bail money are probably thinking, what's the chance that one or all of these fine young adults will disappear and there goes several million dollars of my money!

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Maybe not, at a million bucks a pop the folks who are putting up the bail money are probably thinking, what's the chance that one or all of these fine young adults will disappear and there goes several million dollars of my money!
Honestly Pat I would think these would be the ones they bailed out. Without bail and legal representation these losers might get some loose lips and spill the beans on who is funding them. IF they are part of that mob. If they are just local POS's then they will have to do the time. None of them look like mommy and daddy have $100k cash to free them.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Honestly Pat I would think these would be the ones they bailed out. Without bail and legal representation these losers might get some loose lips and spill the beans on who is funding them. IF they are part of that mob. If they are just local POS's then they will have to do the time. None of them look like mommy and daddy have $100k cash to free them.
This is exactly what I was talking about. I think the judge knew this was entirely possible. They either squeal or get bailed out. Then they can trace the funds. At least one judge in this world seems to give a crap.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
This is exactly what I was talking about. I think the judge knew this was entirely possible. They either squeal or get bailed out. Then they can trace the funds. At least one judge in this world seems to give a crap.
With bail like that it appears hey are being charged federally. Do you know?

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
I don’t know but Trump posted Antifa as a terrorist organization so the FBI can look deeper into their dealings.
Just another hoax.

Should take about 15 minutes to connect the dots to Soros but nothing will happen.

The way this is shaping up I would expect bullets to fly Nov. 4th.

·
Registered
3,565 Posts
Just another hoax.

Should take about 15 minutes to connect the dots to Soros but nothing will happen.

The way this is shaping up I would expect bullets to fly Nov. 4th.
You don't even have to wait till then. The bullets are already flying! Two young workers on Omar's OPPONENT campaign were shot and one of them was killed. Of course no one wants to admit it might just be political killing. It was just a random act of violence, at least that is the party line in Minneapolis where the shooting occured. Funny how they could feature Omar's name in the headline but the opposing candidate, Lacy Johnson, does not get a name mention, and only a brief one at that, till the second paragraph of the story.

2 aides for Ilhan Omar challenger shot, 1 killed; no apparent links to election

1 - 20 of 26 Posts