Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I have been shooting trap for about a year and a half, just leagues practice and protector shoots and finally decided since the 16' target year just started I'll give registered a try! I'm just gonna start with singles and caps for now till I save up for a set of O/Us for my F3.

So here's what I'm asking can I join at a local club during a registered shoot or is it easier online? A local club has labor day shoot this weekend I just might go kick it off with that. Living in Ohio I will most likely shoot the cardinal shoots next year and I have heard there's a min. target rule on the bigger shoots just curious what those numbers are? Thanks to everyone in advance!

Jason.

·
Super Moderator
5,454 Posts
Ok so I have been shooting trap for about a year and a half, just leagues practice and protector shoots and finally decided since the 16' target year just started I'll give registered a try! I'm just gonna start with singles and caps for now till I save up for a set of O/Us for my F3.

So here's what I'm asking can I join at a local club during a registered shoot or is it easier online? A local club has labor day shoot this weekend I just might go kick it off with that. Living in Ohio I will most likely shoot the cardinal shoots next year and I have heard there's a min. target rule on the bigger shoots just curious what those numbers are? Thanks to everyone in advance!

Jason.

Just to be clear, there is no "minimum target rule" to shoot in any ATA event. However, some shoots do have a required minimum number of targets to shoot in the class your average indicates you should be in, or to shoot at your assigned handicap yardage. Those shoots, and the three big shoots at the Cardinal Center would qualify, impose what is known as "penalty" classification or yardage if you don't meet minimum target requirements.

There is no set minimum, although often times the number of targets is 1,000 in each of the disciplines.

One thousand sounds like a lot, but if you go to your average weekend tournament (600 targets offered, 200 of each discipline) you can register 1,000 targets in any of the disciplines after just five such tournaments.

You can find tournaments near you here: Shoots, Clubs, States & Zones

And, here: Ohio State Trapshooting Association | President's Message

Here are the 2015 shoot programs for two of the big shoots at the Cardinal:

http://www.cardinalcentercamp.com/pdf/BuckeyeClassic.pdf

http://www.rjstuart.com/Programs/2015 Cardinal.pdf

enjoy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts