Trapshooters Forum banner

John Hall 2 Receiver / 3 Barrel Case, not Fitting 2 Receivers?

1136 Views 6 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  fishrising
Just picked up a John Hall case and it supposedly holds 3 barrels and 2 receivers. However I cannot figure out how to align 2 receivers to fit. Anyone have one that either describe how to fit 2 receivers or show me pictures of 2 receivers fitting? Here is a pic of mine, not fitting 2 receivers:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
620 Posts
Been a while since I owned a John Hall, but it looks like someone reversed the set up. Put the barrel dividers on the side where you have the receivers and see if it makes a difference. When laying closed on a table, if you pop the combo lock the open lock should be up, and all the other latches should be on the half that is on the table. If that’s not the solution, perhaps your LOPs are too long.
V/r
Maxey

· Registered
620 Posts
Expanded your pix to get a better look. I see the straps to hold the receivers are on the side you’re using do my first impression was not correct. Take the gun on the right and put it in so trigger guard touches the bottom edge of the case. See if the second gun will then fit with trigger guard touching top of case. If that isn’t the solution, then your stocks may be too long.
V/r
Maxey.

· Premium Member
8,299 Posts
Just picked up a John Hall case and it supposedly holds 3 barrels and 2 receivers. However I cannot figure out how to align 2 receivers to fit. Anyone have one that either describe how to fit 2 receivers or show me pictures of 2 receivers fitting? Here is a pic of mine, not fitting 2 receivers:

View attachment 1761060
Pull the but pad of each back to the sidewalls.

Can't tell by pics but you may have bought the model for two /pumps/autos.

· Registered
15,243 Posts
Stocks were a lot lower profile/less extreme and LOPs a bit shorter when these cases were made almost 40 years ago. Things like adjustable combs, adjustable pads, and high ribs pretty much didn't exist when these cases were designed.

· Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was able to get both receivers in, with trigger guards overlapping, and pad between them to prevent scratching, and get the case closed. But once I put the barrels in (with the taller ribs) I couldn’t close the case…guess maybe this will be a one gun case and have room for a tube set.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.