Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Williams County Gun Club, Montpelier, OH will be having the John Gould Memorial trophy shoot on Sunday, September 26th. This is a lewis class shoot. This is a fun shoot and John liked to have fun at these shoots. So if you have nothing else to do on Sunday, come on out. Also it is for a revolving trophy and high shooter will get something special. Top scores if a tie will shoot off for trophy and the something special. Hope to see you on Sunday.
The Heisler's
Mary Jane and Johnny

·
Registered
713 Posts
Tweety Don't forget, shooters have a chance to win some beautiful pork chops as well. Fun, trophy, secret award and pork chops...it just doesn't get much better. John would have loved it. Roger

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pork chops it is. The special award will not be known unless you come to shoot. Some people know what it is but I'm not telling. Have to come to find out. Hope to see you all on Sunday. MJ

·
Registered
3,622 Posts
Wish we could be there, we considered John as our friend. Hope everyone has a great time, John was all about having fun.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Is the secret boneless or centercut? Makes a big difference if I go. Eric and I was going but Im going to put flowers on my girls grave and visit the family. If I get done in time I might make it but its alot of miles.
Chris

·
Registered
143 Posts
Details please 50 bird 100bird handicap starting time ? Need to hook up with Roger for supplies anyway but would like to know what the program consist of.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Actually it is 25 sixteen (16) yard targets and 25 twenty (20) yard targets. Can shoot the program more than once but only the first score counts towards the trophy. All scores good for lewis class.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Model12Lady you are correct on the above thread. Start time is around 10:00-10:30 a.m. Entries close at 2:30 pm or when the last squad takes the line, whichever comes first.

Have some exciting news about the shoot. Talked to Carol tonight and she is donating $25.00 to the top sub jr/jr shooter so here is your chance for all that is under the age of 18.

Some other exciting thing going on Sunday, is that Carol has donated leather bags to the club that John has won in the past and Roger has had Shamrock redo one just for this memorial shoot. Everyone that shoots Sunday can win this 4 shell leather bag. We are going to do a random draw with numbers from 0-9. Say you break a 37 or a 47 and 7 is the number drawn you will be in a shoot off for the bag. The fun part about this is since John was a Chair Shooter you will be shooting off from a Chair.

Any questions or concerns please let us know. Hope to see you all on Sunday for this fun shoot.
The Heisler's Mary Jane and Johnny

·
Registered
7,337 Posts
MJ: Let's have a 2nd and 3rd place for the kids. Shells - 3 boxes for 2nd and 2 for 3rd. If you agree I'll spring for the shells.

Don

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Big Don sounds good to us. Do we need to presquad you LOl. Your not at Middletown? Wonder if it is as windy there as it is here? Sunday will be a fun day!! MJ and Johnny

·
Registered
7,337 Posts
Is Roger here or Middletown??. He and I will probably shoot 3 or 4 times depending on his plans. If he is not here I will still shoot 3 or 4 times.

Don

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Roger is in Middletown unless he has been blown home by the wind. I'm sure that there will be plenty of shooters on Sunday that you can shoot with. I don't think that the wind is going to be to bad tomorrow, I will talk to the wind gods and have it turn down just for us. LOL. Hope to see you all tomorrow. MJ

·
Registered
553 Posts
I will supply 4th and 5th place shell awards for the youth shooters. Sounds like a fun day. And in memory of John Gould, I suggest everyone calls for the bird with a "Pull it"!

Joe

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Joe sounds like the kids are going to make out real good today. I think the call would make it difficult but we will see what Carols says. Do you know how many kids will be there? MJ

·
Registered
133 Posts
Great shoot today. Thanks to all who came and participated.
Winner of the trophy was George Snellenberger with a perfect 50. Congrats Geo.
There were 11 participants in the shootoff for the bag. After 25 birds from the 20 yard line sitting in a chair, there were 2 who were straight. Mike Early and Rich Lewis. Shoot off continued from the 27 in a chair and they were tied after 25. Backed up another 2 yards for a miss and out. Mike broke his first bird and Rich missed. Congratulation Mike Early.
All the youth shooter received shells. Levi was high junior shooter and took home the $25.00 first prize.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.