Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i was wondering if joel etchen did adjustable combs and butt plates? I mean does he install them on guns? And also who would you say is the best person to do adjustable combs and butt plates in the maryland pensylvania virginia area?

·
Registered
637 Posts
Yes, Joel Etchin has a gun smith at his shop. I purchased a combo set from them last summer that had the comb installed by them and the gentlemen does a fabulous job. I know there are as good smiths that do it but I will guaranty none better. Give them a call. I am sure they would be glad to help you out. A first class operation to say the least.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thankyou i just want an adjustable butt plate and comb put on my bt-99 and maybe some weight put in the fornt of the gun. I thought that they were very reputable but just wanted to verify. Thankyou again.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I will also highly recommend the work of their gunsmith, Mark, who is a fellow trap shooter. I had an adjustable comb installed on my Citori XT, last fall and absolutely first class work.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have another question. I own an old browning superposed lightning. They forearm iron broke on it and i was wondering if etchen could fix that also?

·
Registered
885 Posts
If you are going to be at any large trap shoot (like the Southern Grand), the Country Gentleman (Todd Nelson) does outstanding work on cutting combs and in my opinion, has the best adjustable recoil pad on the market. Over night service and will fit the gun to you.

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Dick Egolf- Are you using the word fair to mean honest or that the business is only fair as opposed to being excellent?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Bought a 680's series stock and forend from Joel about a year ago or so on Ebay. Called them after winning item, asked about having the comb being made adjustable. Said yes, and put me on phone with Mark. He did an excellent job on comb. You won't be disappointed. Also bought a DT10 from them at the 2007 Grand. Got a great deal on a slightly used one. They are very nice people to deal with.

John

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.