Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had dealing with joel etchen guns .He seams like a good guy to do business with,And how are his guns that are made by beretta any pro's or con's Thanks MIke

·
Registered
420 Posts
Joel Etchens is top notch. My dad has bought several from him and yes you can haggle a little on price. I asked a simple question about Jaquas about dealing with them and while they're great you dont get to haggle. People responded awfully badly about my question about dealing with Jaquas. You'd thought I slept with their wife,daughter,kicked their dog and shot their cat, then wrapped their favorite gun around a oak tree. When I deal I like to form some kinda relationship with sales people and I usually go back to them. I did however purchase a 325 sporting from Jaquas last week. Either one is good to do business with. sorry for the long post too. Keith

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I have a 687 trap unsingle combo and it is very comfortable to shot for me. I met the Joel Etchens crew at Eleysburg and Matt was great answered all my questions, and was very polite to deal with.

Jerry Lewis

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Joel Etchen = A1. Bought my KS-5 Special, several years back, via phone calls and the gun came appearing brand new. He had rated it 99%. I called him to kid him since he could have easily passed it off as "new." He responded, "It's been fired - that's no better than 99%."

·
Registered
810 Posts
+1 on the favorable comments on Joel Etchen Guns. I bought a Beretta Silver Pigeon II (687/682) hybrid unsingle combo trap gun from JEG a couple of years ago at the Grand, and it has been a great trap gun. Was a super buy in my opinion. These guns are made by Beretta to Joels specs and are fully the standard Beretta quality, perhaps a bit better even than the straight 682 Gold and a better price. Super good guys to deal with. Very knowledgeable staff and a real pleasure to work with. Don't think you could go wrong with JEG.

Jim R

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Joel etchen guns is as good as it gets. I have purchased a kolar Max t/a combo and a 687 combo from them both went without a hitch. If I were looking for something they were selling they would be one of the first places I would go to.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the info guys!!! Looks like my Wife's valentine is one hold until next year. This year looks like a new 687 eell is in the works !! What a SHAME!!!!

·
Registered
145 Posts
I drove from the Dayton area to buy my 687.
Great guy to do business with and very much a Gentleman. He's not open Saturdays except upon request, told him what time I'd be there and he was there, opened the shop to sell me a gun.
Would never hesitate if I was in the market again.....Ron

·
Registered
114 Posts
My experience is his prices are the same as most quailty dealers. he's matter of fact to deal with. I purchased 3 Beretta's from him, none of which I would consider any super deal!!!!!! I wanted the item, he had it, you pay his price or you move along. All in all I'd say he's a lil above the average dealer. You must speak to Joel him self if you want any kind of deal. his son cant make real deals!

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
I got 3 Beretta's for Joel Etchen Guns. He is a #1 dealer and you can trust him.
Just tell him what you want and will get it.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Bought 1 687 combo he picked the wood and it is great, i traded a 682 in on a kolar combo gave me a fair trade and i would Highly recomend him. Knows what he is talking about.

Bob S

·
Registered
274 Posts
I can tell you that he is a First Class Guy, word is good as, or better than gold....Chip off the old block...... and he shoots your game pretty stout as well...does not travel much but.... the CAPTAIN, I believe, of your Pennsylvania STATE Team,no small chore, you guys got a lot of top shooters in the Keystone State.
He is considered TOP notch by his neighbors and friends...I am proud to be able to call him a Friend.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
+1 for Matt at Etchen, ordered a new gun on tue afternoon, was at my door on west coast on friday morning. Sent the one my girl picked out.......how easy is this? l.g.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.