Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Recently I was scouring the market looking for a left handed trap gun since I only shoot trap and my SV10 was not only a sporting 30" but also a right hand gun. When I bought the SV10 I thought I was getting a great deal on it, but I was misled by the dealer from Florida and I received a gun with lots of scratches, a cracked stock, and missing chokes.
Anyway I decided I wanted a 692 trap and Beretta only makes them in 30" for a lefty for some strange reason. After searching the internet, I found Joel Etchen Guns had a left hand 32" which was an accident from Beretta. It was intended to be a right hand gun but they put the wrong stock on it. Lucky me! I think that means I have a super rare gun now. After talking to Matt at Joel Etchen, not only was their price on the new gun very reasonable, he gave me a very fair amount for the SV10 considering the condition. It was a 3 hour drive there and a 3 hour drive back but I was not disappointed. I am extremely pleased with the trade, sale, and with the company overall. They have quite an impressive inventory and provide any service you need. I will be using them and highly recommending them for future shotgun sales.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Having bought my Browning Crossover from them personally I can't say enough good about them.
Be hard pressed to find someone else that does a better job with customer service

·
Registered
6,043 Posts
I've purchased two Beretta 687 Silver Pigeon II trap combos from Etchen's and have referred several others who purchased guns. I've heard nothing but good things from them.

Ed

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
I bought my DT-11 from Matt over the phone, and got a very fair deal on my 687 combo trade in. Can't say enough good about JEG. Very happy with sales and follow up. Steve

·
Registered
714 Posts
Traded my 687jes11 combo and 682u/s combo which I purchased from them for my DT11. I then purchased a used Perazzi Mirage from Matt. All over email and phone. Nothing but a good experience dealing with them.

·
Registered
10,355 Posts
I have never heard a negative thing about Joel. Always hear about the good deals, nice way they were treated, customer service like the good ole days. This is the way most every gun shop/ vendor will treat you if you find them in the Trap and Field mag. break em all Jeff

·
Registered
53 Posts
Purchased an A400 for my wife. They did a great job fitting it to her and shortening the stock. A one stop shop!!

·
Registered
271 Posts
Bought a 725 sporting from them. Very good about dealing over email and sending pictures.
Would buy from them again in a heartbeat

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If that's all you're looking for in a dealer, then you'll be very satisfied. Joel Etchen is a full service dealer. They are great to work with over the phone but even better in person. They make sure the gun fits you before you leave with it. They are also equipped to make any modification you may need. Quite an impressive inventory as well.

·
Registered
714 Posts
I do wish they offered gunsmithing/warrenty service on what they sell though, as I have had to use Cole or Giacomo for that. A one stop shop would be better.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts