Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
What squad am I on?
Lots of different guns...
8,040 Posts
I hope they have the help they need. Could get ugly if they're short staffed for an event like this...

·
Registered
975 Posts
A buddy of mine checked into it for his son, they pay $75 a day. They pay an extra $9.75 per hour for shoot offs in the evening. Umm, that's a great big PASS!

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
they work for minimem wage, I worked for them at a US open a couple of years ago in Illinois at the time was $8.25 a hour, good experiance and fun, won't do it again, after gas and camping still cost me $600 dollars. Wife is still mad at me.
That’s the US Open. I worked some of the first few Grands in Sparta as did my wife. We made pretty good money. My wife was a field supervisor and I worked scoring as well as some maintenance. That’s been 14 years ago now, but I remember being happy with my pay for what I had to do. I don’t recall being overworked. In fact it was sort of like having fun that I was being paid for. I shot a little too. Was a good experience. We have to keep in mind though, we are talking temp jobs not a 6 yr degree job.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I hope that they get something better than those meth lab workers from the woods of the surrounding counties. I've shot Linn Creek many times.
And with the Fed paying an extra $600 to the unemployed it might be hard to get any of them off the couch.
I'm just saying.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
I hope that they get something better than those meth lab workers from the woods of the surrounding counties. I've shot Linn Creek many times.
And with the Fed paying an extra $600 to the unemployed it might be hard to get any of them off the couch.
I'm just saying.
That extra $600 / week ends the end of July.
I only know this because one of my sons is drawing unemployment right now. Here in Missouri.

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
I admit to being a little defensive of the Linn Creek trap help. I generally try to make a little small talk with them...and find they're mostly nice, Ozark folks trying to make a few bucks. As I've alluded to, making 8-9 dollars an hour to spend 2 weeks in hot, dirty, underappreciated work doesn't attract too many well-dressed business professionals. Give 'em a break...and maybe see your way to give them a tip for their thankless work. When we can spend hundreds (or thousands) of dollars playing our games, an extra 5 or 10-spot here and there shouldn't be painful. Without them, there won't be a shoot.

Added: I agree that finding enough help may be a BIG problem.

·
Registered
975 Posts
the money they are offering wont even pay the lodging expenses for someone not local.

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
grntitan What bank did you work on during the first US Open and Grand?
You know, I believe the first US Open(which was before the Grand in ‘06) I worked the East banks. That year I drove a JD Gator and helped the IDNR employees pick up trash as well as refilled the water jugs. Just a glorified errand boy. My wife worked field supervisor for the Far East banks(possibly the last few banks). The next year I scored a few times around the banks 11-12. I was more a fill in. It has been too many years now to remember much of it.
Working that first US Open and Grand really helped me with my own trap shooting. I learned a flat ton those first few years. Keep in mind I was still a very new shooter to the ATA and about as green as you could get. I had only non-organized and non-registered experience prior to ‘06. In fact my ATA Cherry was popped at the IL state shoot. It wasn’t pretty. :)

Being the hoarder I am, I still have our “credential” badges.
A134664C-F15F-4E9F-8432-0A5AE006FA53.jpeg

·
Premium Member
588 Posts
they work for minimum wage, I worked for them at a US open a couple of years ago in Illinois at the time was $8.25 a hour, good experience and fun, won't do it again, after gas and camping still cost me $600 dollars. Wife is still mad at me.
Sandy is always mad at you and for good reason.

·
Registered
321 Posts
2600jamest thanks for your conntuied support, missed you at MTA yesterday, tried to save you one of those prime parking spots behind the club house but since there was no one parking there it was hard to know which one you wanted.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts