Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It with great sadness that I found out today that Jesse Bird, a long time CA shooter has passed away.

Jesse and his wife Dee Dee were great people. I met Jesse when I first started shooting sporting clays 10 or 15 years ago. He was always helpful and a true sportsman.

He will be missed.

·
Registered
472 Posts
DeeDee so sorry to hear. Charles always had such funny stories about Jessie and you, and enjoyed visiting when in Parker. I have moved to South Carolina and was looking for your contact info a couple of weeks ago. Know you are in my thoughts and prayers. Jan Slough

·
Supporting Vendor
1,335 Posts
Shot flyers with Jesse and Dee Dee a moon or two ago. Condolences to family on the loss of another colorful character from California.

Mike Mann

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys, I'll pass this on to Dee Dee.

When I first met Jesse 10 or 15 years ago he was shooting sporting clays, but he was so good that I figured he had to have a long shooting history.

·
Premium Member
1,789 Posts
Jesse was a real pleasure to be around. Very good sporting clay and flyer shot.

It's been very sad for me these last few years as I have seen so many of my friends and aquaintances pass away. I guess that comes with being a senior citizen.

My prayers go out to Dee Dee his wife, and their family. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Tom Strunk

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was lucky enough to have 39 wonderful years with Jesse. Thank you for your kind words and condolences. Deedee Bird

·
Registered
11 Posts
Jessie was a good friend for as many years as he and Deedee were married. He was my favorite to shoot with talk with and to do bits of custom stock work and repair work for. Last time we talked was at mirimar. I will indeed miss him.
JohnMcClure

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The above link has more information on Jesse

Jesse Bird (1928 - 2014)

Jesse W. Bird, born in Oklahoma on March 14, 1928, passed away on January 2, 2014 at the age of 85. He was a resident of Palm Desert and spent the majority of his adult life in the Coachella and Imperial Valleys.

He was a masonry and concrete contractor by trade, but also a master builder who could construct anything, from block walls to commercial structures and residential buildings...

PDS014441-1_20140110.jpg

1 - 11 of 11 Posts