Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jay Leno

Since the Super Bowl blows I've been trying to find something to watch on TV. Then I got to thinking this is Jay Leno's last week. His last show is Thursday.

I started watching the Tonight Show with Carson over 40 years ago. Always loved to watch his monologue. Funny thing was that Johnny's last few years his monologue sucked,(bad writers?) but even then when he was bombing he made it funny. I still watch Leno do his monologue and he does some decent material. Watch the monologue then go to bed.

I can't believe it now, but at one time (20-25? years) I watched Letterman. Now I can't stand the liberal puke. He stopped doing comedy 15 years ago and decided to become a liberal boot licker.

I don't know, but I can't really seem to get into Jimmy Fallon, Jimmy Kimmel is decent sometime but not often.

I guess the "Tonight Show" for me will be a thing of the past. I know I'm not wanted anyway. I'm not in that all important 18 to 54 demographic that is so prized by advertisers. Time to move on and find something different.

Still I'm going miss that monologue. A few minutes of funny to end the day. Leno at least tried to even his barbs amongst the 2 political parties. He would make fun of both Dems and Repubs, not all one sided.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Jimmy Fallon is a very talented performer, he is a much better choice then Connan Obrien, that guy is by far the most annoying host, of any show, of any era. Fallon is funny and he can sing. I don't think you will be let down by Fallon. Im ready for Fallon to take over the tonight show and honestly I think Leno is too!

·
Banned
4,288 Posts
Carson mocked hunters and was anti-gun!!!

Same for Leno...screw him typical concrete jungle guy and would take all guns away if he had a chance.

Only time will tell with the rest!!!

GS

·
Registered
7,214 Posts
I watched Johnny...great performer...without equal. I've watched Jay since he took over. Enjoy him very much. Not Johnny...but then, nobody could be another JC. I'm not a fan of Jimmie Fallon so won't be watching him or the other Jimmy....will continue to watch the lunacy that is Craig Ferguson...

Ron Burr

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Magnumshot,

My father did the same kind of work for NBC and CBS as well as City Scenic in Long Island City. I still have the walnut from the office he built for David Sarnoff at the Brooklyn studio.

Birdogs

·
Registered
9,980 Posts
Muzzelblast:
I was watching a You tube video and Carson had the Tea time movie lady on Carol Wayne. He was playing Art Fern and said the movie was Faye Ray, Aldo Ray, John Wayne, John Payne, staring in "Upchuck the toothless beaver".

He also had a pointer he was selling called "Dicky the stick". He said row down the Nile with it, look out in the horizon with it, stick it down your pants and scare your mother. He ended the routine by saying, dicky the stick, dickey the stick, just $19.95.
Steve Balistreri
Wauwatosa Wisconsin

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
Hope Leno does a car show besides the spots on U-Tube. Hope Fallon does lots of impressions and keeps the same band.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Megaflake---If you think Carson and Leno were, are "Anti-Gun"

Wait til you get a load of the New Yorker Fallon, His anti gun rhetoric makes the previous two guys look like childs play. After all, he is the New York LIBERAL

Chuck

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
I must be old. I remember Steve Allen and Jack Parr, hosting the Tonight Show, prior to Johnny Carson, both on black and white tv.

Ed Yanchok

·
Banned
4,725 Posts
Steve Allen was a great "dirty ole man" comedy performer that twelve year olds like me never appreciated until later in life. You also had Ernie Kovacs, Soupy Sales, Uncle Miltie and Sid Cesar.

blade819

·
Registered
9,982 Posts
Watching it right now...I really think Jay ought to combine his car passion and show business..maybe show him scoping out super rare pieces and follow him through the process of bringing it back to glory..or have him host a show covering car shows and his point of view on each of the coolest entries..he does a good job talking great cars without sounding snobbish

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
I watched the last show.

A very sad ending to a great 22 year career run

NBC should be ASHAMED at the way they treated Jay.

Chuck

·
Registered
671 Posts
Sad show indeed, I will miss him! As for Fallon, don't like him at all.

Going to have to find someone else to go to bed with.

·
Registered
9,980 Posts
I got to shake hands with Jay Leno years ago in Milwaukee when he was here for the Harley reunion. Seemed to be a good down to earth nice guy.

Was sad last night when I heard how he lost his mother and father and brother the first three years of the show when he started. He mentioned how the staff became his family.

Another television star mentioned how he was down and out after losing his own show one time and Jay helped him financially until he got back on his feet.

I think there are some on this site who know what it is like when an employer starts thinking your to old to do the job any longer.

Steve Balistreri
Wauwatosa Wisconsin

·
Registered
726 Posts
Refused to watch Leno or Letterman as both are to unfairly biased towards Republicans . As far as the way NBC treated Leno , not a surprise as rats will eat their own when given a chance!!!

·
Molon Labe
11,993 Posts
I thought it seemed that Leno poked everybody

I have heard him joke about Dmes as much as Reps, Letterman licks dems shoes

1 - 19 of 19 Posts