Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9,747 Posts
Sad about JAX! They had some great shoots! Not sure what happened,but I liked shooting there. Seems a shame no ATA shoots there now!

·
Banned
7,659 Posts
The trouble is with clubs is they are clubs--few people do the work while others stand by and bitch, the old timers resist change & they stagnate-- if the trap side of a club wants to do something--the skeeters want equal $$$, if they need it or night.

Kinda of like a POA or HOA--where a bunch of wannabes think they are smarter than everyone else & know whats best.

My oh my--went full circle to Obama care.

Phil Berkowitz

·
Registered
613 Posts
Fla. trap shooting is nothing compared to the old chain shoot days. For you newbies, each club shot for 5 or 6 days prior to the state shoot. You would travel Monday to the next club. They also had the "pre-chain which followed the same format. There were around 10 clubs and the chain was in location rotation. You did not zig zag. Cigar City, St. Pete, Sarasota, Tamiami Trail, those days are gone.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
It's sad that the Chain program is gone. A couple of greedy gun clubs did not like the protected dates and complained to ATA and the program was kaput.

T

·
Registered
3,476 Posts
As a reminder for shooters, Markham Park ATA shooting will be down from Dec thru April for renovation of the trap range. The last ATA shoot for this year will be Sunday Nov 24th. Hopefully we will be able to shoot the April 27th scheduled ATA event. Happy Holidays to everyone.

Eric

·
Banned
7,659 Posts
Gotta love a gov't run trap facility---shut down the trap fields during the height of snow bird season, they get paid whether they make money or not.

Phil Berkowitz

·
Registered
3,476 Posts
635G,

That's not true. There will be fields open all the time for the public to use. When we hold an ATA event we take 3 fields out of 5. Depending on many factors only 2 or 3 fields will be available for the public.

Eric

1 - 12 of 12 Posts