Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Remington 1100 Jack West stock w/soft comb by Jack West. Stock was used very little and is in excellent condition. $325 shipped.
IMG_0142.JPG

·
Banned
364 Posts
What the heck happened here......

One guy sends a PM, 2nd guy says "I will take it", then 1st guy says "wait your turn", followed by seller saying "I have another one I would be glad to sell".......

Good luck with the sale(s)......?

·
Krieghoff K80
2,482 Posts
What the heck happened here......

One guy sends a PM, 2nd guy says "I will take it", then 1st guy says "wait your turn", followed by seller saying "I have another one I would be glad to sell".......

Good luck with the sale(s)......?
In my opinion, "PM sent" doesn't necessarily mean sold. 1st guy may have just wanted more info, or maybe, truly wanted to purchase item. Without a "PM answered still for sale" or "Sold" from the OP......one could only assume item is still up for grabs, thus guy #2's "I'll take it" is a legit response.

·
Banned
364 Posts
In my opinion, "PM sent" doesn't necessarily mean sold. 1st guy may have just wanted more info, or maybe, truly wanted to purchase item. Without a "PM answered still for sale" or "Sold" from the OP......one could only assume item is still up for grabs, thus guy #2's "I'll take it" is a legit response.
Agreed

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
None of that means anything on this site. Years ago the first guy that said I will take it owned the item. Now these guys go back and forth on PM's while a buyer has already said they will take it. When I say I will take it and the seller tells me he is talking about it with another "potential buyer" I withdraw my offer... Its the sellers item and many people choose to entertain all kinds of silliness instead of just giving it to the buyer who says " I will take it" I take it gets the item every time in my ads.

·
Registered
5,273 Posts
None of that means anything on this site. Years ago the first guy that said I will take it owned the item. Now these guys go back and forth on PM's while a buyer has already said they will take it. When I say I will take it and the seller tells me he is talking about it with another "potential buyer" I withdraw my offer... Its the sellers item and many people choose to entertain all kinds of silliness instead of just giving it to the buyer who says " I will take it" I take it gets the item every time in my ads.
Darn straight.

If you want to sell it and I respond I'll take with your reply of I and another individual are discussing purchase through PM's, Iam done.

Wait till you know what you want to buy before you need a bed_time_story to own.

·
Banned
364 Posts
Jeff I agree - I was acknowledging the same position and the point you are making, in that "pm sent" does NOT mean that all other potential buyers get in line & wait, because who knows (or cares) what's going on there in PM.

The seller did not appear to play any games or offer any silly shenanigans, that I saw in this case.

It would seem that the pm-er above somewhat ran-off buyer 2 who said "I'll take it", and that is unfortunate, and should not have happened.

All seems to be well, as the items appear to be sold.

Good luck to all - shoot well.

·
Registered
222 Posts
All seems to be well for the seller but I was under the impression that if you tell someone that you will take it that it was a done deal oh well can't win them all

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
Jeff I agree - I was acknowledging the same position and the point you are making, in that "pm sent" does NOT mean that all other potential buyers get in line & wait, because who knows (or cares) what's going on there in PM.

The seller did not appear to play any games or offer any silly shenanigans, that I saw in this case.

It would seem that the pm-er above somewhat ran-off buyer 2 who said "I'll take it", and that is unfortunate, and should not have happened.

All seems to be well, as the items appear to be sold.

Good luck to all - shoot well.

I hear you... Just making a point of how far down the toilet this site has gone.

·
Banned
364 Posts
I hear you... Just making a point of how far down the toilet this site has gone.
It really is only a few people's attitudes that cause issues here, and that is likely the case with most forums. I believe this site does a great job, and the community really does a great job looking out for each other.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts