Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Jack was a great shooter in his day and a great Remington rep. He will be missed.
Our condolences to his family

·
Registered
207 Posts
I first met JT (Jack Hughes in the mid or early 80's In Mason, Mi. at one of the ATA Shoots . A finer gentleman as you could ever meet. He was a great Trap Shooter and a fine card player. He and LF BUD Loucks,Joe Morgan and My friend Jim Creighton would play cards under my Tent Fly off the back of my pickup..We remained friends and it was always a pleasure to talk to him at all the Shoots that he attended. He will be fondly remembered..
My condolences to his family...

Allen Brackett

·
Banned
495 Posts
Pat, I was there. He threatened to wrap it around the guys neck. Not shoot him. After the bad mouthing the guy gave him he got away pretty easy. Roger C.

·
Registered
270 Posts

Trap & Field
2 hrs
Our condolences to the family of longtime ATA'er Jack (JT) Hughes of Indiana. He passed away 10-27-15. All who knew him will remember his stories. He was a great friend to T&F.
Jack was a real nice guy. Although we only visited with him at the Grand and a few other big shoots he left an unforgettable impression.
My Wife always said that " Jack should have been a movie star".
Our condolences,
Clif & Lynda Adams

·
Registered
270 Posts
Jack was a real nice guy. Although we only visited with him at the Grand and a few other big shoots he left a lasting impression .
My Wife always said " Jack should have been a movie star".
Our condolences.

Clif & Lynda Adams

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
I was shooting new Nitros at Vandalia, and had a failure. I went to the Remington building afterward, and Jack was there by himself. He remembered me from talking to him the previous year.

He was at the small podium(?) just inside the door.

I explained the problem, and he reached under the podium, came up with 4 boxes of #8 Nitros, and said he didn't have any 7 1/2's, so would these work. I thanked him and we talked about his days shooting in Indiana.

The other Reps came in from shooting, and he asked one if there were any 7 1/2 Nitros in the back.
The man brought out a flat, and Jack handed me 4 boxes of 7 1/2's.

I gave back the 8's, and he said to keep them all!!!!!

I was struggling to carry 8 boxes of shells when he gave me the empty flat box for them.

Great guy with great stories.

·
Premium Member
2,277 Posts
A long-time Sporting Goods legend in Indiana, Jack Hughes worked major shoots for Remington from about 1996 through 2005 at the Grand. He was a tremendous asset since he was so involved in registered shooting and the inner workings of the ATA. Jack was a tough 16 yard shooter and was a member of a 500 x 500 squad and had a beautiful diamond ring to show for it. Always open and honest, one always knew where one stood with J. T., good or bad! Jack was very helpful to me during the period we had the "Grand Knives" (1994-2005) and provided invaluable advice from a very knowledgeable collector standpoint. Between J. T. and the late Merle Trenery from Michigan, they helped drive that successful marketing/sales effort. Always the gentleman (unless provoked!), Jack Hughes was a true asset to Remington in his short tenure. Another Trapshooting legend lost.
Scott Hanes

1 - 12 of 12 Posts