Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a friend that has model 12 Ivory hydro coil stock and forend and he would like to know what it would be worth.His is not cracked .Anybody sell or buy one lately ?Thanks for any info,Paul

·
Premium Member
3,905 Posts
Just what is an "ivory" hydro coil stock? I do know what a hydro coil stock is but have never heard of one made of ivory? Bill

·
Registered
6,786 Posts
I remember seeing those white stocks in a catalog when I was a young whippersnapper and asking myself...........What the heck is a trapgun?

If I only would have known.....lol

Hauxfan!

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
I was always under the impression that the white or ivory stocks were made for ladies guns. Also I think that for every white stock, 2 brown stocks were made. Maybe Stu Wright could comment on this. Larry Evans

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
there were only supposed to be 50 ivory hydro coil guns made.i had a beauty & had stu wright sell it for me about a year & a half ago. dwain

·
Registered
7,155 Posts
In the past 4 years I have bought and sold 6 Ivory sets from new in the box to well used and with some cracks. I got $750 for one new set and the least for a well used set was $250. The gun in the pic is not for sale. I do know of one N.I.B. skeet gun with the Ivory option for sale he wants $4500. Jeff

·
Premium Member
3,905 Posts
Way different looking than I imagined. Neet gun, Thanks for pictures always nice to see something you have not laid eyes on before. Bill

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
I have seen at least 30 of the 50 produced so either I am a very lucky guy or they made a few more then 50 of them. Jeff

·
Registered
7,155 Posts
Yes superXJeff you could have seen that many but maybe none were factory installed. The option started in 1963 and continued to be used through the clean up of the pre 64 recievers. The factory would install them on any gun and if you have the factory invoice with one being installed collectors recognize them as Factory. Ed Sowers was the inventor and manufacturer in California. He sold sets directly to the public. Maybe hundreds in Ivory. Jeff

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.