Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was at the local gun/sporting store. Standing by a display, and talking to a buddy......I was apparently blocking some merchandise that somone else wanted. Guy reaches around me and grabs a couple of items and says...."Hope you didnt want these....they're hard to find and I WANT these." and walks away. Curious I look at the display. He just bought 3 bags, 100ct 45ACP unprimed brass........100ct mind you......at $29.99 ea. And was thrilled to find them. Are you kidding me?????????????

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
If it was brand new unprimed .45ACP brass, that is about right. The more you buy the cheaper it gets but for new brass per/100 that's not that unusal. Now if it was once fired/used brass, that is a whole different ballgame.

·
Registered
31,669 Posts
I have never seen shelves empty of guns and ammo like this before.

I have no need for anything, but have been stopping in a gun and sporting goods stores whenever I pass one and it is the same thing. Plently of rifles and shotguns, but no black rifles, no pistols, no ammo. Seems nuts not to find any 22's.

A store that opened near me about a month before Sandy Hook was full of stuff at what I thought was high prices. Went in that same store today, it was cleaned out.

This is the time to sell. These empty stores would be the best place to unload stuff on consignment.

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
I was at Bass Pro shop in Rossford Ohio today, It was weird to see 75' of glass handgun display case empty!

They had ammo but nothing I was looking for.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
I just bought 1000 rounds of Winchester white box in 40S&W. It took me a week to find a place online that had it in stock! Strange times indeed.

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
I went to a small gun show in Melbourne, FL yesterday. There was NO SHORTAGE of ammo evident whatsoever. You could have bought all the 223, 9mm, .380, etc. you could carry out.
fwiw: BULK purchases of .223: 1000 rds. for $1000.00.
How much do you want..??

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Damn fleamarket folks are buying it all and re-selling it at exorbent prices. I hope they get to eat a LOT of it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.