Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Well, if you like the extended magazine tube, you should also look into an oversized charging handle and a Dave's Metal Works Easyloader Extended Carrier Release Bar. For a full tactical effect, some kind of light and ghost ring sights would be nice too.

Dennis, aka Dulcmrman

·
Registered
13 Posts
When I first started shooting 3 gun I used a factory 1100 tac 4. I still break it out every now and again when we bang on grain bins and chase pigeons out. It’s always fun to keep shooting while your buddies are all trying to reload!

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The additional shells keep the weight forward a little and the muzzle down and on target

This gun is psarkerized and has a great trigger let off

·
Registered
4,601 Posts
I shot Trap with this until I got my 1100:
Trap gun.jpg

I did take the extension off to shoot trap; 4 hulls full of lead was enough on top of the spring. The stock was handy for holding my alibi shells.

·
Registered
6,075 Posts
Nothing new.

Years ago, Joe Morales who owns "Rhino" used to make and sell these for Beretta semi-autos. Only it was ported (ridiculous).

I've actually got one that was given to me out in my workshop someplace.

Good Luck and Good Shooting!

·
Banned
388 Posts
Looks like a no nonsense meat gun. When I was a kid quite a few people were buying Ithaca Deerslayers to hunt with. The Deerslayer was short M37 with rifle sights and IC choke. The thing that was not expected about this buying, was that we had no Deer in my area. Everyone that was buying wanted a light rabbit and bird gun. I hunted a with couple of those guys, and saw that they worked very well just as a small game, light shotgun. This 1100 sort of reminds me of that. Nice size truck gun, and if Zombies ever break into your house you are prepared for that too.

·
Registered
6,358 Posts
Looks like a no nonsense meat gun. When I was a kid quite a few people were buying Ithaca Deerslayers to hunt with.
Never had a Deerslayer version, but I really liked the Ithaca model 37. The weight, balance and feel were right up my alley. They were very well made. The bottom eject was unique and worked really well.

When I was needing to buy my first pump gun for hunting I did not have the money to buy an Ithaca, ended up with a Mossberg. I figured one day I would replace it with an Ithaca, but 45 years and a lot of hunting in bad weather has gone by and the old Mossberg has never failed.

·
Registered
135 Posts
My 3 gun Versa Max by Benny Hill is really fun to shoot. I do not have the barrel clamp on the front because it interferes with the point of impact when shooting slugs. That's what Benny said when I asked him why the clamp was not on there anyway, I've never tried it with the clamp on.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Good setup for waterfowl (goose) hunting, why all the hate??

·
Registered
13 Posts
Wildgene- interesting point on the barrel clamp, the 1100 tac 4 did have a clamp. However, the 1301 tactical that I currently use does not. I just assumed Briley made a nicer extension, I hadn’t even considered there may be some reasoning behind it.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts