Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have an Ithica 4e that is in near perfect shape and in original condition. Wood has very minimal light scratches blue is decent. Looking for the value with possible interest in selling
Thanks!
Tim

·
Registered
934 Posts
I just looked at 3 of them at Cabela's yesterday, the best like new was $3400 the others were $3200 and change...

Beautifuf guns, they had beautiful wood, beautiful bluing, nice engraving I would call 99%....

regards

·
Premium Member
3,905 Posts
Anybody paying that much for a 4e that is not a two barrel set is a fool. And like my olGrandmother use to say a fool and his money soon part. You can buy a nice 4e knick gun for under 2 grand if you look around. I bought a very nice one for 1695. last year. The 34" barrels are worth more money and hard to find.
Bill

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
I,v seen two or three 4-E,s for sale in the last year or two at a local gun club . One was very nice about 95% over all price was 1500.00 it did,t sell . Last one I bought was in a hard case and was a good 90% I gave about half what Cabelas,s is asking . If you feel like paying out the a$$ for a gun it,s your business but don,t say a fair price is stealing it .

·
Registered
734 Posts
In the scheme of things, an original gun is pretty unusual. After all, we're talking trap shooters here. Most of what is out there will have been modified in some way. Most didn't spend their life in a closet, so 94% finish or less is the norm. I'm just throwing numbers out here, but a 4E with 90-94% finish, some nicks and dings in the wood, and a Gooey pad on the back might be $1500. Make that an original gun with 99+% finish and the price will easily double. Easily. Winchesters, Parkers, Ithacas, whatever, the lay of the land is the same.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.