Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The model of the Ithaca is a 500 O/U. It says on the barrel "custom crafted for Ithaca by SKB". How good are these guns for reliability? How hard would parts be to get for one if something should happen to break? What would the value of one of these in decent condition be?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The model of the Ithaca is a 500 O/U. It says on the barrel "custom crafted for Ithaca by SKB". How good are these guns for reliability? How hard would parts be to get for one if something should happen to break? What would the value of one of these in decent condition be?

·
Registered
336 Posts
I've had a 500 trap for over twenty years. Send it to Guns Unlimited every other year for tune up. No charge except for parts. It has never failed on the line, it is my doubles gun.

·
Registered
10,482 Posts
The SKB has many desirable features that are not obvious until you shoot it and look at the action with the stock off.

They have leaf mainsprings. The ONLY disadvantage is that they will eventually break. They give a higher level of performance than coils. Annual service and replacement of springs and firing pins will give you a supremely reliable, superb handling gun.

They are straight forward in design and easy to service.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the input. I should have mentioned that this is a field gun. I won't be shooting any trap with it if I were to buy it. It's a 20ga., I just kind of like the looks of it, haven't got to handle it yet.

·
Registered
6,343 Posts
SKB is located in Omaha NE, should you have a problem I'm sure they can help. I've had mine 30 years 5800 O/U Trap, and have put thousands of rounds through it with out a failure.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.