Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a pretty nice Ithaca Century Trap 32" Fixed full choke for what I thought was a good price for quality of the gun. It looks like a gun that should cost thousands at first glance. Does anyone have one or have an opinion on them? Are there any spare parts i should track down to keep on hand? I have been told they shoot pretty flat but other than that I know very little. Either way it will look nice in the safe beside my MX2000 and TM1.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have owned several over the years. For the money they shot and functioned very well.

Last year I sent my son's Century to Sycamore Hill Designs in Victor NY to restore the stock and Fore-end. They did an outstanding job and for a very reasonable price.

Sycamore Hills did have replacement parts if needed.

·
Vendor
7,098 Posts
i had one 2 yrs ago, bot it at a gunshow. very nice gun. ididnt thin it shot flat altho it sure felt like it! had ejector problems along with firing pin but this was a very dirty unkept gun. when cleaned up and operable was a beauty! call bill voss / gun works omaha ne he is the skb gunsmith and also operates out of his house for personal business wally riebesell

·
Registered
488 Posts
I had one that I bought new when they first came out and it was and still is a good gun for the money. I recently sold it to someone as a first/starter trap gun and they are doing well with it. The only down side is parts are not as readily available but they are available.

Dennis

·
Registered
10,458 Posts
I have owned several. I like shooting them, thet seem to fit. Quality is ok, not excellent but for a $600 gun they are a good buy. They do throw a good pattern and make a great handicap gun. Like the 870 and mod 12 they kick some

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
if you are looking for any parts or wood ..Ron Sharp ,in Dunville ,Ontario has all parts and lots on brand new wood[ stocks and forends ] 905-774-6368....tell him Vic sent you

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the great info guys. Ill probably keep it for a 3rd string gun but I will bust it out a few times a year if I can hit with it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I just bought one and am very impressed. I think its a better gun than my BT99. Someone who wants a trap gun without spending a load of cash should give this a hard look.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.