Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curious what is the value for a really nice 5E?
I'm not in the market for another gun, but I saw this very nice 5E at the LGS.
I could be interested just because they are such an iconic, beautiful trap gun.

Maddad

·
Registered
379 Posts
Maddad - I would need some more information to help you out. Is it a Flues or Knick (do you have a serial number)? Pictures would help along with some basic information on the gun, barrel length, LOP.

As with any vintage gun, condition is king, please provide some more details and I would be glad to help you out as best I can.

Unfortunately, a lot of the vintage trap guns have been messed with by morons.......

Bob

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I know what you mean about morons and guns, was at a gun shop,found a really nice pre 64 model 12 trap when I looked at the tag it said skeet,someone had cut all the choke out to shoot skeet with it.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I know what you mean about morons and guns, was at a gun shop,found a really nice pre 64 model 12 trap when I looked at the tag it said skeet,someone had cut all the choke out to shoot skeet with it.
When you go to the area of skeet shooters, WELL, you have exceeded the Twilight Zone and off in another weird world. I hear they shoot in tutus and carry a purse. Never really wanted to go to a skeet field to see.

·
Registered
830 Posts
I had my 5E Knick with pictures made in 1957 listed for $3000 and had shooters say it was very nice, but no one was interested. very soft market.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
When you go to the area of skeet shooters, WELL, you have exceeded the Twilight Zone and off in another weird world. I hear they shoot in tutus and carry a purse. Never really wanted to go to a skeet field to see.
Could always ask Tron about carrying a purse and wearing a tutu when shooting skeet. I bet he even has selfies of it
I seem to recall reading that he is an authority on the subject...I read it online so it has to be true

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Barrel lengt also makes a difference.....30, 32, and 34.......a butchered. One is worth very little. I saw one a while back 30", rough finish, stock cut to 12 or so with a big spacer, lever past center etc..........merlyn

·
Premium Member
3,907 Posts
Mr. Rike has it right. If you want to know what the market is just go to internet and find out. There is many for sale out there. Guns international, gun broker, double gun.com ect. Look for yourself if you don't want another member/Ithaca collectors advice. I probably own more Ithaca's than most of you have seen.

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Bill is right! What a beautiful collection of SBT and others he has...Bill, one gun I often drooled over was the duck gun, double barrel, with the checkered butt, what a gorgeous gun that was. If I was even remotely an avid duck hunter, that gun would have been in my safe right now!
But thats how that goes...my small collection of Ithaca SBTs are gone to appreciative collectors/shooters. I had them - 4E, 5E , and 6E, and they sure were beautiful, wonderful guns that highlight the annals of trapshooting history in America. And I consider myself blessed to have been able to have and enjoy them for awhile, now they are in the hands of other gun enthusiasts to use and enjoy.

·
Premium Member
3,907 Posts
Left picture has a Flues Victory,4e,5E,6e,7e' 6e Knicks, Baker sterlingworth,4e Knicks. That’s from left to right. Second picture left side 5e SxS trap 2 barrel set 30” and 32” second is a Dollar grade one of seven, followed by a Parker DHE vent rib 32" barrels no safety, Parker sbt SC, Fox K grade sbt, Fox XE 32' barrels, LC Smith Crown Grade sbt 34" barrel, LC Smith crown grade SxS 30" barrels vent rib.

Attachments

·
Registered
533 Posts
Left picture has a Flues Victory,4e,5E,6e,7e. That’s from left to right. Second picture left side 5e SxS trap 2 barrel set 30” and 32” second is a Dollar grade one of seven, followed by a Parker DHE vent rib 32" barrels no safety, Parker sbt SC, Fox K grade sbt, Fox XE 32' barrels, LC Smith Crown Grade sbt 34" barrel, LC Smith crown grade SxS 30" barrels vent rib.
Beautiful display. Thank you for sharing!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts