Trapshooters Forum banner

Item of note for some Spolar users.

2255 Views 12 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  Avaldes
I loaded 3 flats of shells on my Spolar today, and got to thinking maybe some Spolar owners have not yet heard about the upgrade to the primer seating stem. The original kind, with the allen head bolt holding the cup in place, caused many tipped primers. I could get as many as 3 or 4 tips per dozen shells. I have the new setup, and did not have a single tipped primer in 3 flats of shells. If you are still laboring under the disadvantage of the old one, call Spolar immediately and upgrade.
I loaded 3 flats of shells on my Spolar today, and got to thinking maybe some Spolar owners have not yet heard about the upgrade to the primer seating stem. The original kind, with the allen head bolt holding the cup in place, caused many tipped primers. I could get as many as 3 or 4 tips per dozen shells. I have the new setup, and did not have a single tipped primer in 3 flats of shells. If you are still laboring under the disadvantage of the old one, call Spolar immediately and upgrade.
See more
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Premium Member
1,089 Posts
Let me chime in...and I am a huge Spolar fan.....run, don't walk to the phone and order up the new primer post. I think they are like 20 bucks, but I ordered a couple of spare parts kits that have the new post and few other goodies.

I used to have 3-4 tipped primers in maybe a 100, but the new primer station is just awesome, and never tips a primer.

I still have a 9000E and Sizemaster, and enjoy both of them. But my Spolar's are really precision pieces of equipment.

· Premium Member
1,089 Posts
grntitan,

I edited my original post...it was not clear.

The real point is, I installed the new primer setup (it comes with post, cup, spring, shaft for a complete replace), and so far in a few months use, I have not had a single tipped primer.

Every time I sit down to a reload session, I think about the new setup, and I still watch every primer drop. It never misses, but old habits die hard.

Shoot well and often.

· Registered
211 Posts
I just got around to ordering this upgrade. Since the upgrade, I've yet to have a single tipped primer.

I now have nothing to "watch out for", other than running out of primers, shot or powder.

Wass

2,777 Posts
We all learned to watch to make sure the primer dropped and dropped correctly regardless of which progressive machine we used.

When I bought my Spolar, in the fall of 2008, I noticed a few "tipped"primers. Maybe three or four in several hundred reloads. They took a second or two to fix-no big deal.

But after hearing all the reports of the new upgrade, I called and purchased it.

It was just a few minutes work to put it in and I have had no tipped primers, certainly no failures to "drop" a primer since then.

I don't know what to watch now!

Seriously, if you have a Spolar, get the upgrade.

Bob

· Registered
3,908 Posts
I still have the original primer feed. After tightening the bolt that connects the hydraulic to the loader and putting blue locktite on the bolt, I get almost no tipped primers.

Charlie.

I am getting new fprimer feed also.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.