Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Vendor
19,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some good reading re chokes, dense cores, not so tight chokes and is an easy read. Bunker, but still targets try to gt away.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Jack,
Very interesting "summary" near end of this article, regarding barrel tuning to get the most performance out of your gun, and fixed chokes versus choke tubed guns. Thanks for sharing. Rob

·
Registered
569 Posts
I think the most relevant information was the factory Perrazi choke dimensions- not much useful or factual after that. Have fun, Dan

·
Registered
4,278 Posts
Interesting yes Jack, but they are talking bunker chokes. I suspect that the double trap shooters are using something different. Perhaps T. Baber can shed some light on what those figures may be. The international game certainly is growing in this country mainly to the help from Midway. They are to be commended for they're giving back to the shooting sports.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Generally bunker chokes should be about .25/.35. I have seen successful shooters use more open and tighter but the most common is .3+-.05

Tom

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
My son uses these chokes in his Kolar.

.020/030 or .025/.035 for bunker.

.010/.020 or .010/.025 for double trap.

Might vary slightly depending on wind, range and how mood of the day, but those are pretty common chokes on the bunker trap.

SW

·
Registered
4,278 Posts
Thank you SW for your info. I had suspected there might be a significant difference in the two. By your answer it appears he must shoot both games. Good for him and good luck to you and your family. Enjoy, Bob

1 - 7 of 7 Posts