Trapshooters Forum banner

Is wood from Perazzi High Tech interchangeable with other models?

1736 Views 4 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  Big Az Al
Will stock & forend from a Perazzi High Tech interchange with other MX models?
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
317 Posts
I was told by Bobby Chambers at Wenig that the wood will bolt up. The HT is a wider receiver so the finished wood would be wider.

To be fair, my question to Bobby was if my MX2000 stock would fit a HT receiver. I was told that it would bolt up, but the receiver metal of the HT would be "Proud" to the wood. The metal would be wider.

I assume the reverse would be true going the other way. The HT stock would be exceptionally "proud" to a standard MX receiver.

I should clarify that I have zero first hand knowledge. I only know what Bobby told me on the phone...

Jim Barnes

· Registered
1,107 Posts
I was told by Bobby Chambers at Wenig that the wood will bolt up. The HT is a wider receiver so the finished wood would be wider.

To be fair, my question to Bobby was if my MX2000 stock would fit a HT receiver. I was told that it would bolt up, but the receiver metal of the HT would be "Proud" to the wood. The metal would be wider.

I assume the reverse would be true going the other way. The HT stock would be exceptionally "proud" to a standard MX receiver.

I should clarify that I have zero first hand knowledge. I only know what Bobby told me on the phone...

Jim Barnes
What Joe Schmo said is correct.

· Registered
6,599 Posts

Jim Barnes
I was shown how the HT frame is wider where it and the wood meets. An older Perazzi stock will show a step down to the wood off the frame were it meets the reciever. Where the HT wood will show a step up to the wood where it meets the wood on an older Perazzi reciever. So while they will interchange the aesthetics are not good.

Al

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.