Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to learn the advantage of having a high rib shotgun versus having one with a normal rib on it. Does one have the advantage over the other in competition shooting? I plan on shooting trap and sporting clays if I can. Thanks for any input!

·
Premium Member
3,072 Posts
If you shoot off end of the barrel, I would stay with top single. I would ask people at the gun club if you can try their gun, better than making a several thousand dollar mistake.

Reactions: 2llc

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you shoot off end of the barrel, I would stay with top single. I would ask people at the gun club if you can try their gun, better than making a several thousand dollar mistake.
Very good point! There is a national shoot that'll happen on Oct 8th and 9th. I need to find out exactly where it is in Oklahoma and make a trip out there to see what I can find out. I appreciate the response!

·
Registered
624 Posts
Not a troll at all. I'm calling you out. I will meet you in person, up close and real. Bring $1,000.00 cash to the MO Fall handicap for the HAA (high all around). We will have a gentleman of unquestioned reputation hold the funds in escrow to be given to the winner. Are you in? I want a simple yes or no.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Not a troll at all. I'm calling you out. I will meet you in person, up close and real. Bring $1,000.00 cash to the MO Fall handicap for the HAA (high all around). We will have a gentleman of unquestioned reputation hold the funds in escrow to be given to the winner. Are you in? I want a simple yes or no.
What are you calling me out on? I'm not trying to lie or deceive anyone here.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My bad. It's a "National Trap Shooting Day Event". Chill out, I'm still learning all this stuff.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It's a wonder anyone new stays around with the way some of the old timers treat them. I've seen the same thing at actual clubs. And a gun shop.
I have this bad thing about when I'm really interested in learning, I'm persistent. I'm not going to let someone try to discourage me, I don't have time for that. :1a:

·
Premium Member
11,757 Posts
I'm still trying to figure out what "shoot off the end of the barrel" means...

Lot's of people use the term. Nobody has been able to tell me what it means.

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
It means you use the end of the barrel as your "bead". Many hunters learned to shoot with barrels that had no front bead. Many that did had beads so small they were useless. I have a couple of friend who shoot trap with the front bead blacked out so they cannot see it. They "aim" using the front of the barrel, or in their case, the front of the very low rib.

·
Registered
5,593 Posts
I'm still trying to figure out what "shoot off the end of the barrel" means...

Lot's of people use the term. Nobody has been able to tell me what it means.
Tim, if your in Wichita this weekend I will try to help you understand. I have have an engineer with me to translate.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts