Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have herd that Pima County heath department has not gave them permission to hold a the shoot yet.

·
Registered
552 Posts
I received a call today from TTSC to confirm my arrival date at my RV spot.

JEB

·
Registered
464 Posts
I hope so. I just booked by hotel. Hopefully the powers that be allow for it.

I felt pretty safe with the temperature checks at the gate at the Autumn Grand, but I avoided buildings, and the cases are way higher now then they were back then...

Still even if they impose more restrictions, hopefully we can still turn money into noise in the desert.

·
Registered
522 Posts
So far everything is a go from AZ! Been shooting down there through it all!
I was there last weekend for the "Fun In The Sun" shoot and all was well.

As others have said, the club is checking Temp's at the gate and masks are required in the club house.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I heard from a friend of my cousins hairdresser's sister that they may or may not hold the shoot...

Now that this BS is out of way, as of yesterday everything is a go for my discussion with people who work there. Ben Avery closed down the State Shoot last spring because they are a state run facility and politics come into play. Tucson is private and the Gov. won't want to close one sporting venue while allowing others to operate.. IMHO

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
So 84% didnt have it? Wonder why so many tests are being done.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Reactions: Azskeetshooter

·
Registered
58 Posts
According to the Arizona Department of Health Services,here are the latest totals of those tested and those who have tested positive for COVID-19 in Arizona. Arizona has been ranked as widespread, with confirmed cases in all 15 counties. This was last updated on Jan. 15, 2021.
Breakdown of case in Pima County
:
  • Total cases: 87,687
  • Deaths: 1,393
  • New cases: 1,342
  • New deaths: 37
Pima County Numbers
• Deaths: 1,393
• Confirmed Cases: 87,687
• Rate: Cases per 100,000 population: 8,393.7
• New Cases: 1,342
• Total tests Performed: 523,721
•
Percentage Testing Positive: 11.9 percent

As of today it looks more like 88% of people tested don’t have it

·
Registered
561 Posts
As bad as last year was for shooting, I’m afraid this year is going to be worse, with the coronavirus and the shortage of shells, I don’t know how anyone can plan on going anywhere

·
Registered
624 Posts
Talked to a lady at Tucson trap club yesterday, She said they have targets and shells
I will be shooting 300 targets on Saturday
I just hope they have my golf cart

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
do not underestimate the power of the "Biden Factor".

·
Registered
67 Posts
Great thing about trap is you are more than 6’ apart on the stations, outdoors and if you feel like you want to wear a mask, go ahead and you will just have to sea with your buddies ribbing you!

·
Registered
539 Posts
I hope that the shoot goes ahead so that those there can enjoy it, but we all know that with the political situation along with the covid19 pandemic everything can change in the blink of an eye, good luck to those in Tucson, keep your head on the stock and your eye on the target, kill a bunch

·
Registered
338 Posts
Old Tucson has closed it's doors. Did not survive and is selling off what they can. I got an e-mail last month inquiring if I wanted to buy liquor they had in stock. On the news, was a story that a lot of the "cowboy" stuff was sold to a person who was going to open a museum in Tucson. Too bad it was a great attraction.
OtH

1 - 17 of 17 Posts