Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an opportunity to get free shipping but not sure if it's worth 32 + tax a bag for lawrence magnum?

Thank you,
TNCoach

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
My supplier told me last week that he was going to quit handling West Coast because their price was going up $4 a bag.

MK

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
$32 per bag of Lawrence shot and free shipping is a no brainer! Do It! .....especially if you are on the West Coast! When you figure the cost of driving somewhere to pick it up vs. having it shipped to your door FREE, well...........do the math.

AndyH :)

·
Registered
235 Posts
Here in the midwest shot has gone down from $36.00 a bag to just checked our local supplier and it was $29.99 over the summer for a 25 lb bag yesterday - but he also told me it was going up this winter again.

·
Registered
202 Posts
So at $28+ tax for 25 .lbs of magnum should I buy or wait? I figure I'm going to need around 300 .lbs for the spring trap shooting season.

Of course, as soon as I buy, the price is sure to drop.

Blueraven

·
Registered
10,213 Posts
Shot price was 30 a bag at Gamaliel in the middle and end of summer but has now been 32 a bag for almost 2 months now. I believe it will go much higher again this winter. I would buy now as I don't believe it will go down again until next summer if it ever does again. Break-em all. Jeff

·
Registered
7,593 Posts
Follow the price of Gold if Gold goes up so will lead. If it goes don lead will follow. Gold is still climing what would that tell you.

Bob Lawless

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Ivahoe - But lead is a by-product of silver mining. So if increased silver prices result in increased silver mining, the lead supply goes up.

·
Supporting Vendor
5,325 Posts
The Fed's reflation policy is making all the commodities go up. I suppose lead will react (at least direction wise) the same as gold and silver.

Basically the Fed wants to create inflation to prevent deflation. That means you should own hard assets (the ones that would hurt if you dropped them on your foot).

I bought shot last night for $30 per bag (Eagle brand). My reload cost is $3.95 per box with $30 shot.

Jim Skeel

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Lead is rising in the short term, as it usually does in the fall. The interesting thing is that the amount of lead available to the market is at the highest level it has been in over 5 years and by a significant amount. Bill Malcolm

·
Registered
307 Posts
Okay - the supply is up, but how is demand affecting all this? If China and various militaries are hogging it, that would leave less to be diverted to shot production, and at higher prices? Does that make any sense? What's left over for sport production may be considerably less, and so, more expensive

·
Registered
307 Posts
Okay - the supply is up, but how is demand affecting all this? If China and various militaries are hogging it, that would leave less to be diverted to shot production, and at higher prices? Does that make any sense? What's left over for sport production may be considerably less, and so, more expensive

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.