Trapshooters Forum banner

101 - 106 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Three stores in town sell shotgun shells...... this morning one had only hunting shells, target shelves were bare. Another had only promo 4 packs at $24 (one ounce only) and only had 3 of those...... The third had target shells at $7 a box for "promo" shells....... How reliable is supply? Pretty reliable for price and quantity when reloading.. Larry

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm with others. Reloading is something I enjoy. Can mix things up or just shoot the same old loads. I enjoy sitting in the shop relaoding some shells, and hopefully at some point the kid will take some interest in it also, so I can pass some knowledge down.

With that said there is nothing wrong with just buying loads and shooting. Takes some of the work out of it.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I look at reloading more as a hobby and just love tinkering around with different kinds of loads.

I use Mec's and Spolars. For saving money I reload the small gauges 410/28 gauge as they get pretty pricey. Even though I have the Spolar die sets for 20/12....I rarely use then..but keep them around in case the mood arises😁

·
Registered
61 Posts
I enjoy loading and I can load 7/8, 1 and 1-1/8 ounce loads depending on what I am shooting. Also for every 1/8 ounce you reduce the load you get two extra boxes per bag of shot. And I don’t notice any difference in my breaks.

·
Registered
16 Posts
This has been said many times, but I am throwing my .02 in anyway! I am new to shotshell loading, but have been reloading everything else for a couple of decades now. it is less about the savings and much more about the satisfaction of doing it yourself, being able to tailor rounds for EXACTLY what you need and/or want. It is one of the most therapeutic things I have ever done, because you HAVE to focus on what you are doing or else very bad things can happen. The only thing I have experienced in the past that had a similar effect was running (and that was a very long time ago!). If it is not enjoyable, then it is probably not for that particular person. For me, it is the almost the best therapy, about as much as shooting it is!!!

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
This has been said many times, but I am throwing my .02 in anyway! I am new to shotshell loading, but have been reloading everything else for a couple of decades now. it is less about the savings and much more about the satisfaction of doing it yourself, being able to tailor rounds for EXACTLY what you need and/or want. It is one of the most therapeutic things I have ever done, because you HAVE to focus on what you are doing or else very bad things can happen. The only thing I have experienced in the past that had a similar effect was running (and that was a very long time ago!). If it is not enjoyable, then it is probably not for that particular person. For me, it is the almost the best therapy, about as much as shooting it is!!!
So all are answering the same question I think it would be wise to have a firm definition of hassel (hassle). I do not see where the OP, or others, identified what their problem was (or is). Without clear identification of a problem it is a challenge to place a definitive answer to the question....... Larry

101 - 106 of 106 Posts