Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if this qualifies as shooting related but fits here as well as anywhere.

I have a "want" for a new gun so I thought I would try the Caesar Guerini Maxum Impact primarily for sporting clays but heard it may very well be an all purpose gun. Based on comments on this site and doing a little web surfing I found the following prices quoted for new guns :

Dealer A priced the gun at $7,250 plus $150 for the stock balancer plus shipping

Dealer B priced the gun at $6500 plus $150 for the stock balancer plus shipping

Dealer C priced the gun at $6,400 including the balancer plus shipping

Dealer D - left voice mail has not called me back

Dealer E - priced the gun at $6,800 plus $150 for the balancer. No shipping but would have to pay 7% sales tax due to "in state" purchase.

Dealer F - has a used (as new ) gun priced at $6,550 on his website. Have left three voice mail messages on his business phone number - no response.

I was amazed that their can be so much difference in prices quoted. It pays to phone around !

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
All names should be made public...if they are honest, have nothing to hide and have scruples, they should welcome the publicity.

Curt

·
Registered
8,243 Posts
Giving out the names sounds reasonable to an extent, but in doing so do you think it will get rid of competition in prices?

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Just cut through all the chase and go to Target shotguns. Bob Shultz is as stand up dealer as there is. Always remember that sometimes cheaper is not always better.

·
Registered
99 Posts
"All names should be made public...if they are honest, have nothing to hide and have scruples, they should welcome the publicity."

Curt, with all due respect, what does giving a price quote over the phone have to do with honesty or scruples, or anything else? A business may have a number of reasons for giving a particular price on an item, which can change from day to day. It will have no bearing on honesty. You could call all these businesses next week and expect to receive a different price from some of them. Since a phone call for a quote inplies the person is shopping, the business is going to quote the price they can live with on that particular transaction on that day.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.