Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The great state of Iowa is headed back to normal. All counties will be open on Friday morning. However there are restrictions and limitations. Restaurants and social clubs are open and can operate at 50% of capacity for seating.

Mass gatherings are still prohibited if it is a recreational, leisure, and sporting activity. (Parades, festival, conventions and fundraiser)

Golf courses are and have been open.

Open trap is practice, not a mass gathering.

Our lawyer suggested the club falls under mass gathering. The general membership is screaming BS.

Your thoughts are appreciated. I have a board meeting is a couple hours.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Get a trap shooter lawyer who understands the difference between a Trap Tournament and casual practice.

The clubs should be allow to open, setting rules that only one squad on the field at a time. No closer than 6 feet from the scorer if there is one. Social distancing (6 feet) apart in the club house or if there is a window for the cashier to the outside, no one in the club house.

Jason

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Legal advice is just his best opinion to protect you from liability.
You get to choose and then take the risk.
Our initial May 15 opening rules are gatherings limited to 10 people, 2 metre spacing, no competition, no food service except curbside, no clubhouse, special sanitation procedures for washrooms.

Of course, I have no idea what, if any, rules that you have.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We will continue to NOT be shooting trap but the ranges are still open. I have some homework to do. If you belong to a club in Iowa and you are open, please send me a PM. I am trying to get a count of clubs that are open within the state. The two easy ones are Stockdale and New Pioneer. Who else in Iowa is open and shooting trap? We have members getting shorted and the high school teams are getting shorted.
There has to be some reason others remain open without legal incident.

Thank you for your support.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts

·
Perazzi MX10RS
2,017 Posts
We will continue to NOT be shooting trap but the ranges are still open. I have some homework to do. If you belong to a club in Iowa and you are open, please send me a PM. I am trying to get a count of clubs that are open within the state. The two easy ones are Stockdale and New Pioneer. Who else in Iowa is open and shooting trap? We have members getting shorted and the high school teams are getting shorted.
There has to be some reason others remain open without legal incident.

Thank you for your support.
We are opening this Sunday, May 17th at Otter Creek in Cedar Rapids. Cedar Falls is opening this Sunday as well.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
When I was going to sea, we were warned about "sea lawyers". I am pretty sure that the same advice applies to "coffee row" and "gun club lawyers" vs. those actually called to the bar.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Our lawyer is a member and provides essentially free services. He is a former board member and ultra conservative in his counsel. Not bad, but I am at odds with him on this one. We are contemplating dragging my daughter out for practice. She is an ordained minister of the Universal Church. She has carried her credentials for six years now. For twenty dollars and your email address, you too can become an ordained minister.

Biggest problem is the two largest venues in the state are open or opening up and we are closed. I need to find out the legal position that allows them to open.

Thanks again

·
Registered
224 Posts
Our lawyer is a member and provides essentially free services.

Biggest problem is the two largest venues in the state are open or opening up and we are closed. I need to find out the legal position that allows them to open.

Thanks again
Maybe you could call the clubs that are open/opening and ask how they came to their decision.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Depends how the health regulations and guidelines are written and enforced, here we can open our trap and skeet club and outdoor rifle and archery range tomorrow, however there is still a prohibition on " mass " gatherings in excess of 15 people so it will take a bit of enforcement on our part to ensure that we stay within those limitations, otherwise I fear they will shut us down again.

Reactions: idustem
1 - 20 of 46 Posts