Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my DT11 for 2 years now and the blue filling of the lines has come off in places, seems like there are ways of replacing it, but I am hoping that the finish on the receiver can be changed from the Silver (Matt & Gloss areas) to a similar finish to the DT11 black?

· Registered
1,074 Posts
call mahosky's in PA they do an armoloy finish and he could do it in black he is the best there is at coatings I actually have an Alfermann receiver he is doing for me right now and his prices are really reasonable, I have done several TM1's
in the standard armoloy finish and everyone seems to love them, you can look him up at Ron's Metalife just google that address you will be surprised and happy

Mac

· Registered
15,211 Posts
You won't be able to easily replicate the Beretta finish, as it is likely not a good idea to put any sort of PVD coating over the current nickel plating. My best guess would be that it's TiAlN, or at least that that'd be as close in a commercial coating as you'd get. To do it right you'd need to strip the existing finish, prep the metal, and have it plated, all by someone with a FFL. If you could get it done properly (sorry, cerakote is not a proper finish for a DT11 in my opinion) I'll bet you'd be somewhere around $1k by the time you're done if you want something that is indistinguishable from the Black finish.

· Registered
6,576 Posts
Before you try to turn it black.

Find and area that is out of sight make sure you have worked or even ground through the finish and try some cold blue to see if the metal will color.

Beretta uses both carbon and stainless steels. Their factory black finish is very close to ceracote so the pretty black Beretta may not blue when taken to bare metal.

Al

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.