·
Registered
1,092 Posts
I sent you a private message.

Reactions: ingEneer22

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
It is it me? I can't understand why you are looking to buy another gun, when you can try to buy the gun which you are shooting very good now. I guess by being from New York, it is me.
Joe 631 319 6959

·
Registered
114 Posts
Bought an older model used BT 99 Plus about two years ago. Love the gun, fully adjustable. There are more expensive guns out there but don't really think they shoot any better.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Back in the 7o's when I stepped up to my 99 from my old model 12 field gun that I was shooting pretty well, I could not hit shite with the BT.
I called my friend Pete McCall he said I'll meet you at the club. Pete showed up run a 100, handed me my gun and told me to practice more. LOL

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
I would also consider a TM-1 before I bought a 'NEW' Bt-99. Yes, you will spend a little more, but you will end up with a much better gun, in my opinion.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Thank you all for the replies! I know a few have mentioned the 80/20 gun from GunsUnlimited, does anyone know what the BT's typically shoot? Is the new BT-99 Plus higher shooting that a new standard model?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Just about to say that. I shoot an older BT99 Plus that's adjustable. Great gun with adjustments to fit it to you and your shooting style. Just bought the new Plus, but haven't had a chance to shoot it yet.
Buzman, I look forward to hearing how you like the new BT-99 Plus!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Why not buy the gun your renting? It obviously fits you and you are averaging 23 24. Buy it get it serviced and re finish the stock. Joe
Benchrest, being a club gun it is not for sale. In addition, I think I prefer the 34" barrel over the 32"

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I'm a believer in the BT99. My collection includes .
BT99 Golden Clays
BT99 Plus - old
BT99 Plus - new
BT99 Signature
BT100 Stainless
I enjoy shooting all of them.
1DIRT, how does the old and new BT-99 Plus' compare? Are the POIs different? Thanks

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Too bad my friend. The gun already fit you. No problem there are many good stockfitters on here that can get your new gun to fit you. Good luck. Joe

·
Registered
485 Posts
1DIRT, how does the old and new BT-99 Plus' compare? Are the POIs different? Thanks
I like shooting the old Plus better. It has an adjustable rib with two adjustments and I just set it up to shoot higher. I honestly haven't shot the new one more than a handful of rounds so school's out on it yet.

·
Registered
93 Posts
My first trap gun was 1972 BT-99 with 34" full choke barrel. Put on a adjustable comb on it and never looked back.
KISS, keep it simple and sturdy.

21 - 40 of 65 Posts