Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently acquired a couple of jugs of International Clays in a trade – was considering using it for 1 ounce loads ----any thoughts and experience with International Clays used for 1 ounce loads????

·
Registered
421 Posts
I've used International for handicaps, not singles. The above 1 oz load is lighter than I used--my load was 19.6 gr (31 bushing in my mec) with rem hulls, cheddite or wolf primer, and green duster wads. Fast and efficient out of a full choke XT.
John

·
Registered
10,482 Posts
Intl' Clays is a good all around powder. Unless one wants powder puff loads, it is very well suited for 24 gram 1350 fps Intl' loads.

It is fabulous with one ounce 1250 fps loads. HCP loads with 1 1/8 oz are low pressure, high performance thumpers.

I load 22 gr with 24 and 32 gram loads, 21 with the one ouncers, with suitable components. Keeping pressures over 9000 psi will give you clean burning, consistent loads.

Check Hodgdon's site for using your components.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Great for high velocity 1oz. loads. You can load this powder down too but the low pressures will give you an incomplete burn and leave raw powder in your barrel/s. Here's a good low velocity/recoil recipe. I loaded 1oz loads with 18.5gr, AA or STS/Nitro hull, claybuster WAA12SL (pink) wad, WIN 209A primer and was very pleased. For 1 1/8 try 17.5gr and a WAA12 (white) wad.
Cheers
Jimmy E

·
Registered
10,482 Posts
Jimmy is using the STS hull, which Intl' Clays likes. The Riefenhauser types I prefer leave unburned powder in the bore, unless I pour on the coals.

It still works well.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Actually, my 1oz load using STS shells is 17.5 gr International Clays, Fed 209A, and Green Dusters or Down Range DRA12 (WAA12SL replacements). Singles / doubles and practice caps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.